Senior Data Scientist, Safe Haven
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights & experiences centered around the needs of real people, & in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity & humilityand have a good bit of fun along the way. Were always looking for smart, kind, & creative people to grow our team & impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe & easy for businesses to use data effectively.
LiveRamp is currently ramping up its Safe Haven business in the U.S. & is in need of skilled data scientists who can tell our customers a story with their data. Youll work directly with our largest & most complex clients datasets & data teams to help them derive value from the newly unlocked potential that Safe Haven provides them. In this capacity you will work with vast amounts of data ranging from retail transaction data to online exposure data & youll help our customers see the trends & paint a picture of what it all means.
- Work efficiently with client data & analytics partners to define, configure, extract, aggregate, analyze, package, synthesize, & share data, results, & actionable insight to support client campaigns, products, or business decisions
- Act as an advertising & retail measurement data subject matter expert (SME)
- Build up a strong understanding & expert knowledge of the various data sources & methodologies brought together for LiveRamp data sharing solutions retail transaction data, 1st-party CRM data, ad exposure & response data, & 3rd-party data provider attributes (demographics, psychographics, lifestyle segments)
- Collaborate with client & capability teams on how to creatively leverage this rich data asset for their respective insight, segmentation, measurement, & activation needs
- Identify data gaps & advocate for additional data sources to meet unmet marketplace need(s)
- Build & foster positive reputation with client-facing delivery teams & Product & Engineering teams to successfully collaborate on designing, building, & launching analytical solutions
- Be an analytical approach artisan
- Outline pragmatic solutions to answering insight needs with an eye toward balancing quantitative rigor, data incompleteness, & timelines conducive to rudimentary vs. sophisticated methods
- Provide input to Product & Engineering teams on cross-format planning & measurement analysis requirements & possible solution paths
- Prepare & present compelling analytical presentations & effectively communicate (both in writing & verbally) complex concepts to marketing & business audiences
- Regularly work with the internal data science teams in engineering to provide input to the data science product roadmap & bring the knowledge of upcoming advances in our identity & products into data science
- Be part of the community of customer-facing data science consultants located internationally to share knowledge & ensure consistency across LiveRamp in our data science related services
- Provide mentorship & guidance to other data analysts/scientists where necessary
Your team will:
Help customers make sense of datasets from across the ecosystem & find meaningful value in sharing data with Safe Haven.
- Bachelors degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Predictive Analytics or other quantitative discipline (Masters Preferred)
- 6+ years of work experience in a data science role ideally in a professional services environment: digital advertising, database marketing, or interactive/ technology consulting
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in data extraction & manipulation using tools such as SQL, Hive/ Impala/ Redshift/ BigQuery with minimal supervision
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with scripting languages such as Python, PySpark, Spark, and/ or R for statistical modeling
- Solid understanding of current data science best practices & technology stacks
- Experience generating consistently accurate, statistically sound analysis & interpreting, translating & synthesizing data into actionable insights in the form of reports, dashboards & client ready presentations
- Hands-on experience working with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker and/or others with minimal supervision
- Hands on experience with propensity modeling, lookalike modeling & segmentation
- Understanding of various omni-channel campaign measurement methodologies
- Experience integrating multiple data sources (1st-party, 3rd-party, media activity) & utilizing creative analytical approaches to answer client audience insight or performance questions
- 2+ years of experience interfacing directly with clients & being able to present complex analytical material in an easy-to-understand manner
- Experience with cloud computing services such as GCP
- Attention to detail & time management - delivering high quality, client-ready work for multiple projects across several client engagements while meeting deadlines
- Knowledgeable of the media planning, measurement, & optimization process & acumen (both online & offline)
- Proficient with the application of analytic methods in digital & mobile channels
- Proficient with direct and/or interactive marketing test design
- Demonstrated history of innovation with emerging ad platforms, data, measurement, or analysis techniques
- Understanding of LiveRamps role in the market & the broader AdTech/MarTech space
- Data privacy/security & related governance processes (Privacy Impact Assessment, CCPA, GDPR, etc.)
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, & friendly people who love what they do
- Fun: We host in-person & virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, & sports leagues
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, options for working from home, & paid parental leave
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, & disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) & a fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan1:1 match up to 6% of salaryhelps you plan ahead (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment & ergonomics programwe help you set up your home office (Home-based LiveRampers)
- Location: work in the heart of New York and/or from home (remote-eligible roles)
More about us:
LiveRamps mission is to connect data in ways that matter, & doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds & experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas & one another is one of our guiding principlesone that informs how we hire, train, & grow our global team across nine countries & four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) & does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.