Hachette Book Group offers paid summer internships to students & recent graduates interested in a career in book publishing. Our summer internship program, which runs from June 3rd – August 9th & allows interns to work 28 hours per week, offers students an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry & explore an area of interest.
As an HBG Production Intern, you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals & gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks, help with special projects, & attend departmental meetings.
To enhance your work experience, we offer educational sessions featuring speakers from all departments of the company as well as networking & career development opportunities.
Who you are:
• A rising junior or senior, graduate student, or recent graduate interested in exploring a career in book publishing
•Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite & familiar with HTML/CSS
• Self-starter with strong interpersonal, verbal, & written communication skills
• Enthusiastic & excited about discussing recent books you’ve read
• Possess a great attitude & a desire to learn as well as excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team & contribute insights
• Resourceful with the ability to balance multiple responsibilities & work independently
• Must be results driven, & take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed
What you will learn:
• Assist coordination of design & composition for interior production as well as the trafficking of materials for approvals in various groups.
• Help with Backlist Production for Print On Demand.
• Assist Digital Production handling the creation of ebooks as well as coordinating QA review.
• Assist NY Manufacturing in handling the cost estimating, paper purchasing, vendor scheduling, quality management, & purchase order delivery with HBG's vendors for Illustrated Books & Children's Picture Books.
How to apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume & cover letter. Please note that you are responsible for your own housing during the duration of the internship.