As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays
About the Role
The Sr. Software Engineer would be a part of Visa's Cloud Packaging team responsible for automation of standard products & tools used across the company. The role requires creating & managing software packages which includes adhering to standard practices of software development, designing & implementing systematic solutions & closely working with SMEs from requirement gathering stage all the way up to production release.
This position is for someone who has interest in coding/scripting & likes to solve challenging problems. Looking for a self-motivated individual with good software development skills & solid expertise with scripting/coding. Experience in using Chef or Ansible automation framework is a plus point.
You will be responsible for working with several teams to get your tasks accomplished; so good communication skills is necessary. Candidate must be flexible & willing to switch tasks based on team's needs. The role demands problem solving & hence good debugging skills would be very helpful. The candidate should also be able to learn & pick up new scripting languages & technologies.
- Develop, test & maintain code/scripts/packages for Visa's Cloud team. Coding must adhere to all security standards & should be easily maintainable.
- Gather & analyze requirements, design solutions & finally implement it using the standard practices.
- Communicate & collaborate effectively within the team as well as with members from other teams.
- Collaborate with SMEs, QA team & support teams to ensure we have zero defect code for the requested automation.
- Understand & enhance coding guidelines & participate in peer code review processes
- Create & maintain technical documentation
- Ability to learn new skills, languages & frameworks as & when required.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements & refinements to best practices, standards & processes
Incumbent is expected to work during core business hours
Incumbent will be expected to travel less than 5%
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.