At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyfts mission has been to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. And self-driving cars are critical to that mission: they can make our streets safer, cities greener, & traffic a thing of the past. Thats why we started Level 5, our self-driving division, where were building a self-driving system to operate on the Lyft network.
Level 5 is looking for creative problem solvers to join us to develop the leading self-driving system for ridesharing. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds & areas of expertise, & each has the opportunity to have meaningful improvement on the future of our technology. Our world-class software & hardware experts work in brand new garages & labs in Palo Alto, California, & offices in London, England & Munich, Germany. And were moving at an incredible pace & servicing employee rides in our test vehicles on the Lyft app. Learn more atlyft.com/level5.
As part of the Autonomy Group, you will work with software engineers to tackle advanced autonomy challenges. With a focus on planning, your work will initially involve taking output from the perception, localization, & prediction systems to determine short, medium, & long-term course of actions. As a Software Engineering intern on the Level 5 team, you will have the opportunity to develop & deploy tomorrows hardware & software solutions & thereby revolutionize transportation. We are currently looking for interns on our various planning sub-teams: Prediction, Trajectory Generation & Planning, Motion Controls & Behavior Planning.
- Work on core planning & control algorithms such as routing, behavior planning, decision trajectory planning, feedback controllers, etc.
- Develop algorithms for planning under uncertainty using stochastic optimization techniques with linear & non-linear objective functions
- Develop behavioral reasoning framework to support navigation in complex traffic scenarios, such as lane changes, merges, double-parked vehicles, & blind turns
- Develop functionally safe systems that fail gracefully & safely exit traffic when difficult situations arise
- Implement real-time algorithms in C++ for real-time decision-making
- Build tools & infrastructure to verify & evaluate the performance of the planner/controller over time
- Pursuing Ph.D. in Computer Science, Robotics or a related fieldandreturning to a degree program after completion of the internship
- Experience in control theory, robotics & linear algebra
- Experience building applications for robots using a broad range of tools such as numerical optimization, feedback control, systems modeling & identification, etc.
- Ability to develop safety critical navigation systems for low-latency compute platforms
- Greatmedical, dental, & vision insuranceoptions
- 401(k) planto help save for your future
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.