Vimeo OTT is an industry-leading platform focused on helping video creators build their own Netflix-like video service across the web & native app platforms. We offer tools to easily distribute & monetize your video content through the branded viewing destinations they create.
The team is looking for an experienced Product Designer to help design a best-in-class user experience that empowers video creators to launch an incredible video service & build their audience.
What youll do:
- Design the user experience from content management tools used by creators to the viewing experience of their customers
- Work with Product Managers & end users to better understand user problems & iterate on simple & elegant product solutions
- Grow your design toolset in a collaborative team bursting with talented product designers
- Work across functions with product managers, data analysts & engineers of all levels to understand problem spaces & develop hypotheses to test, learn & iterate
- Design from the concept phase all the way to release & beyond, creating high level user stories, process flows, wireframes, mockups, & prototypes
- Execute simple & beautiful designs at a rapid cadence while balancing multiple projects/experiments at once
How youll do it:
- Support the design of new features from the concept phase all the way to release day (and beyond that too)
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, & developers of all levels & diverse experience to creatively solve problems & reach our goals
- Based on product learnings, develop new features to improve our product
- Create product specifications, wireframes, mockups, & prototypes
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- At least 23 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience. Show your work & process, not just final designs & illustrate how it affected the users experience. Beautiful work is important, but the thinking behind it is even more so.
- Experience engaging directly with users of a product youve worked on.
- Ability to communicate your design vision through verbal & written explanation, sketching, or quick mock ups to small or large groups, all the way from designers to the leadership team.
- Experience working in a collaborative team
- A bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent UX experience is ideal
- Prototyping know-how (Invision, etc.)
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.