Recently voted Fast Companys #1 Most Innovative Company in Education & #28 Most Innovative Company in the world, General Assembly is a venture backed, post Series C, NYC-based startup in our fourth year. General Assembly transforms thinkers into creatorsthrough education & opportunities in technology, business, & design. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, & events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Melbourne & Washington DC.. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency & more effective approaches to collaboration.
We're on the hunt for a creative & resourceful individual who can conceive & develop exciting & engaging lesson plans & curriculum for GAs courses. This is an individual with a strong educational background, able to balance sophisticated content creation & curriculum design with building fun & interactive learning activities. Instructional designers play a key role in designing & developing new learning experiences - this includes identifying the needs of our students, designing curricula & lessons to address those needs, & working with subject-matter experts & instructors to produce best-in-class instructional experiences that support student success.
- Manage project planning, production, & editing of curriculum materials for our courses.
- Develop training protocols & on-boarding materials for instructors & course producers to acclimate them to the course materials.
- Work with our education product managers to ensure that all relevant materials are designed & optimized for student learning & outcomes.
- Execute content plan, manage relationships with all instructors, outcomes producers, global program resources, designers & product team.
- Develop literacy & confidence in a variety of subject matters in order to guide the construction of engaging classroom materials.
- Be a gatekeeper of the brand voice. Produce materials must reflect GAs brand voice & mission.
- Source insights into GA classroom experience through regular observation & interaction with GA instructors, students, & course producers.
- 2-4 yearsexperience producing educational content for one (or more) of GAs core competencies: Business, Design, & Technology
- Youve had experience managing instructional staff & subject matter experts
- You've had prior curriculum development & classroom experience
- Youre comfortable in a fast-paced, early stage company work environment
- Its a plus if
- You have specific subject-matter expertise in more than one area of GAs focus - design, technology, or business
- You have experience designing adult training courses
- You've taught in a classroom