Do you like data? Do you like food? Are you interested in solving interesting problems? At Plated, the Data Science guild is at the epicenter in driving data utilization. We use data visualization, statistical analysis, predictive analytics & machine learning to solve business problems & drive efficiency through the organization. Our mission is to delight customers through the use of data. This is where you fit in.
We are seeking a talented data scientist to help optimize our business by partnering with cross functional teams & develop solutions to business problems using machine learning & statistical analysis. You are not only adept at building models, but also at translating your solutions back into something that matters for your business partners. Your goal will be to challenge what is possible & drive positive business results through data absorption.
What Youll be Doing:
- Work on a cross functional team & identify solutions that leverage data.
- Gather requirements for solutions from business partners & translate into operational models & data science products.
- Develop data science solutions utilizing advance machine learning & statistical techniques (clustering, regression, pattern recognition, NLP, time series analysis etc).
- Create requirements for data science solution that includes data sources & training frequency.
- Work with data engineering to develop new data pipelines & promote models to production.
- Build test plans of developed models that include unit & integration testing.
- Oversee the integration of your solution back into the business process & measure effectiveness & absorption.
- Partner with engineering on an as needed basis for systems integration of data science solutions.
- Communicate & train non-technical teams on interpreting & actioning data science product results.
- Desire to mentor analysts & data scientists across the team in data science concepts.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Degree in statistics, computer science, engineering or related quantitative field.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in an analytical role supporting business functions.
- Knowledgeable advanced machine learning & statistical techniques including boosting, bagging, decision trees, regression, clustering, time series analysis etc..
- Some knowledge of deep learning models such as RNN, CNN etc..
- Experienced developing & maintaining models.
- Advanced in Python or R, SQL & experienced in querying databases.
- Experienced with AWS platforms.
Working at Plated:
Plated brings together exceptional food, unparalleled creativity, & innovative technology to redefine the dinner experience. Our team is solving big-picture problems in a collaborative, data-driven environment weve built togetherand were looking for the best people to join us.
Our benefits & perks (expanding all the time!):
- The best part: a free weekly Plated box!
- Flexible PTO with a "get your work done" policy that respects your time
- Competitive compensation
- Customizable medical, vision, & dental plans & a 401(k) plan
- Annual education stipend for your career development
- Newly renovated office in Chelsea, Manhattan with an open floor plan, beautiful demo kitchens, & adorable office dogs.
- Daily breakfast, afternoon snacks, & Test Kitchen samples
- Company events, cultural clubs, & food-related activities
Plated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.