Away is seeking a strategic & data-driven Product Manager to join our Digital Product & Production team. In this role, you will roadmap, prioritize, update, execute, & QA all aspects of our online experience, including our webstore, integrations, internal tools, & our editorial site. The right candidate is thoughtful, customer obsessed, can own an end-to-end product function & is focused on building & executing digital products that create seamless online experiences for users while aligning with business priorities.
This position is based out of our headquarters in SoHo, New York City & reports to the Director of Digital Product & Production.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to product strategy & vision, develop roadmaps, prioritize user stories, & drive product development from conceptualization, design, development, launch & beyond.
- Maintain the product & feature roadmap & spec out new initiatives (including writing requirements, user stories, & acceptance criteria for both consumer facing features & backend functionality)
- Work in conjunction with Engineering, UX, Creative, & Web Production teams to continually create engaging & compelling user experiences while ensuring that feature launches are prioritized & launched on schedule
- Balance user & business needs while remaining flexible in a fast-changing environment
- Analyze user behavior across the entire site & develop hypotheses for A/B testing & optimizing Aways browsing & shopping experience
- Take quantitative & qualitative data to inform product decision making
- Develop a framework for how to measure the success of product improvements over time
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years of digital product experience in an e-commerce environment including technical integrations. Prior startup experience highly preferred.
- Have a solid understanding of web development & architecture & UX design principles. Familiarity with data architecture a plus.
- Can communicate effectively with both technical & non-technical stakeholders
- You have experience with tools & platforms such as Solidus, Magento, Shopify, Netsuite, Contentful, Wordpress, etc.
- Are familiar with the latest trends in digital design & e-commerce
- Are intellectually curious & eager to understand how / why something works (or doesnt) for a user
- HTML / CSS / Sketch / InVision / Zeplin / Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
- Love to travel (but that's a given)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team meals & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. Were building a company with a mission to make travel more seamlessstarting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, were working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date weve sold more than one million travel products, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, & grown to a team of more than 200 people. We know thats just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their 2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, & called a Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing by Adweek.