Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT & our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, & sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware & software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, & AI to operations across various industries. Samsaras fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, & London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, & Dragoneer.
Were looking for a for a fast-paced, ambitious manager to help us scale up our Customer Support team during hyper growth. You will work closely with a senior management team that has successfully built & exited a billion-dollar business, owning Support & helping build & scale our offering. You will have a high level of responsibility & autonomy in determining how the team contributes their talents & skills at Samsara. Theres plenty of room for creativity & technical exploration when it comes to better serving our customers.
This is a full time position at our office in the Atlanta & includes stock options, 401(k), medical, dental, vision benefits.
What you will do:
You will be responsible for managing a team of 10-12 Customer Support Representatives & Engineers, directly improving & reporting team level metrics & SLAs, keeping up with new products & ongoing training, & developing processes. Your work will be cross-functional in nature, & will involve working with our Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Operations, & Marketing teams on a weekly basis. Proven analytical & communication skills are a must, & a quantitative or technical background is a big plus. You should be comfortable acting as an escalation point with customers, development teams, & sales teams, & be able to manage projects through to completion. Relationship building, prioritization of projects, & super-effective communication define you.
Our current Support team of 30+ bring a diverse set of technical interests & experiences, from hacking on Raspberry Pis & building web applications, building gaming computers, & rebuilding guitars. We're looking for technically minded, data-driven builders to join our fast-growing team, where you will have a big impact on the success of the product & the company.
- Directly manage a team of 10-12 highly motivated Customer Support Representatives & Engineers
- Maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction with the Support Team while ensuring the team meets established SLAs
- Produce reporting that demonstrates team effectiveness to Engineering, PM, & Leadership
- Explore, implement, & integrate systems that will help the team scale through tremendous growth
- Successfully manage onboarding & continuous education for members of the team
- Manage interactions between Support & Development pertaining customer issues/feedback
- Mentoring new hires as the organization grows quickly
- Hire, develop, & lead an inclusive, engaged, & high performing team
- Develop career paths within the Support team & throughout the organization
- B.A./B.S. required, preferably in a quantitative field (engineering, applied math, etc.)
- 5 years of experience in technical support or equivalent
- Strong spoken & written language skills for working with high-value customers & publishing documentation
- Interest in working in a fast-growing environment with changing responsibilities
- Experience leading Enterprise support & Critical Escalations
- Experience with industrial systems, electronics, tinkering with cars, or similar hands-on work is a plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team & ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.