WHO WE ARE:
Resy is a reservations platform, built & powered by restaurant lovers.
Launched in New York City in 2014, the company is co-founded by Ben Leventhal, co-founder of Eater.com; Michael Montero, co-founder & former CTO of CrowdTwist & current Techstars mentor; & Gary Vaynerchuk, noted social media expert, entrepreneur & investor. Other company leaders have deep experience in restaurants & hospitality, too.
Our mission is to power the worlds best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. With Resy, youre an insider & the amazing world of restaurants is just two taps away.
Rated as one of Built In NYCs 100 Best Places to Work, Resy is actively hiring in multiple cities. Come join our growing team!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Resy is seeking a Director of Product Design to oversee our Consumer products & team. The ideal candidate is a sophisticated leader & people manager, someone who has a history of building & leading teams. Our future Director is design focused & has experience working in an environment where they have worked on both app designs & internal programs.
You excel at building & fostering relationships with the people on your team, & you are as much as a collaborator as you are a leader. We are looking for an impactful leader in the consumer design community, a thought partner with a commitment to products that deliver fantastic user experience, & a rigorous operational executive with a bold & innovative aesthetic. You believe in taking well-calculated risks & you possess a deep understanding of the product development process. You also happen to be passionate about restaurants.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead & develop a team of world-class designers responsible for ensuring Resy has extremely beautifully designed products with cutting edge UX & UI design
- Collaborate closely with Product & Engineering leadership to drive Resys growth as the premier booking platform for the best restaurants
- Improve the team's understanding of user-centered design methods & best practices. Establish & drive the design culture with a strategy that is aligned with Resys goals
- Bring operational rigor & excellence to managing the function including resourcing decisions
- Increase the visibility & role of the product design team's function within the organization
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have 7+ years of experience designing & delivering products in cross-functional teams
- You have a successful track record of building & implementing sustainable & scalable product design frameworks
- You are a risk-taker with a bold vision & passion for great design
- You have a proven experience recruiting, hiring, managing, & developing a high performing team. Has a large network of strong design talent.
- You have a wide-ranging consumer design experience including apps
- You are technically adept & familiar with UI & UX trends on iOS, Android, & the web.
- You have experience directing brand, visual, & user experience/product design of projects, across both web & mobile platforms
- You have experience using analytics, user research & other approaches to help make decisions & iterate on the product
- You are a proponent of a rigorous User-Centered Design process with a deep appreciation for quality & consistency
- You have experience running product design teams that collaborate effectively with engineering managers & product leaders
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, Commuter Benefit, Life Insurance)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Growth Opportunity Budget
- Equinox gym discount & Wellness budget
- Quarterly credit toward dining at your favorite Resy restaurant
- Beautiful dog-friendly Soho office with fully stocked kitchen & caf
- Company-sponsored social events, including Friday family meal
- No shortage of good restaurant recommendations
Resy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting & retaining a diverse team of employees & creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.