Were hiring a Senior Brand Strategy Manager, focused on driving the pre-sale go-to-market strategy for theSkimm's Creative Studio.
About our team & what well build together
The Brand Strategy team at theSkimm is a group of experienced, creative & resourceful Strategists who are relentless in their pursuit to grow the number of amazing brands & clients we partner with. Were seeking an enthusiastic Senior Strategist who is eager to contribute to our growing business. Reporting into the Director of Brand Strategy, the Senior Manager leads the cross-functional pre-sale strategy & development of go-to-market materials for projects developed by theSkimms Creative Studio.
How youll contribute to our mission
- Steward the development, ideation & strategic thinking of best-in-class marketing solutions for theSkimms advertising partners under theSkimms Creative Studio umbrella
- Develop materials & pitch decks for Creative Studio projects, working alongside the Senior Special Projects Editor, Account Management, Design, Insights & Sales
- Present materials to the Sales team & serve as the day-to-day contact supporting Sales-related requests for Creative Studio projects
- Partner with Sales to lead client pitch meetings & serve as day-to-day pre-sale support until the campaign sells through
- Assist Sales with identifying new/proactive opportunities tied to theSkimms Creative Studio
Youre ready for this! Heres a bit more about what were looking for
- 6+ years building cross-platform digital marketing programs
- Strategic, creative thinker with a proven track record of turning ideas into holistic content programs
- Experience supporting or working with a Creative Studio team at a digital publisher
- Excellent writing, proofreading & verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills & high level of comfort presenting to large audiences of client, agency, & internal teams
- Design-minded with the ability to create effective visual presentations; Proficiency in Keynote preferred
- Ability to manage cross-functional workstreams
- Ability to manage & prioritize multiple deliverables in a given week with hard deadlines
- Highly motivated self-starter that is extremely detail oriented
- Passion for theSkimm brand & an understanding of our products
- Keen understanding of the nuances of branded content & go to market positioning
- Experience managing an RFP pipeline & working with cross-functional teams including: Sales, Insights, Creative & Design
- Knowledge of media trends & innovation across web, experiential, social & podcasts
Why we love working here
We are mission driven & values driven:
We are collectively building an impactful brand to empower generations of informed, confident women. Our vision is for every woman to have the info they need to navigate a complex world & the decisions in it. Every role has a purpose & allows us to provide useful information succinctly & contextualized. We tee her up to take action - whichever action is right for her, wherever she is.
We are values driven at every point - how we work, the way we work & our culture come straight from our core values. Each of us supports this incredible brand & takes part in its continued growth, fulfilling the needs of our audience each & every day.
We put you & your personal lives first - we have a generous benefits policy that demonstrates we are listening to what our employees need:
- Unlimited vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- A hybrid working model with flexibility for remote work
- Comprehensive insurance plans & commuter benefits
- Auto-enrollment into a MassMutual 401(k) plan starting on your first day & employer contribution available after one year of employment
- Rewards for every work anniversary
- One month paid sabbatical after your five year anniversary as a full-time employee
We support our parents at all points on their journey:
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave (adoption, fostering & surrogacy included)
- Bereavement leave for pregnancy loss
- Phased return to work schedule availability
- Flexibility based on parental schedules
- Access to family building & fertility benefits
- Flexible & broad-scale child support program
Your well being is our priority:
- We honor Sacred Time in our workplace
- We have aligned company time off during the summer to truly allow for us all to break from our work at the same time
- We offer fitness membership reimbursement
- One Medical Membership is included with our benefits
We have a vibrant, collaborative, & supportive culture (we celebrate & have fun!):
- Weekly company updates led by our co-founders/co-CEOs
- Weekly lunch stipend for HQ employees
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee awards ceremonies to celebrate individual accomplishments
- Clubs & activities designed to meet other employees like book clubs, new hire buddy programs, rooftop lunches, off-sites, & wellness focused classes
- Numerous culture events that enable our workforce, in the office & remote, to connect & have fun
Your career & development are a priority:
- Annual learning & development stipend
- LEAD@theSkimm, our leadership development program
- DEI initiatives to ensure we are the best partners & colleagues to each other
- Career development guidance & planning
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Complimentary access to theSkimms suite of membership products & swag
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking, & diverse group of people building a media company that makes it easier to live smarter
Our story, Skimmd
We are a digital media company, dedicated to succinctly giving women the information they need to make confident decisions. We make it easier to live smarter.
At our core, we are writers, editors, producers, designers, marketers, engineers, analysts, sellers, creatives, & strategists all working together to achieve this goal.
Everyday were breaking down the news, trends, policies, & politics that impact women so that they can navigate their daily lives & futures from managing their paychecks to casting their ballots with confidence. We provide our dedicated audience of millions with reliable, non-partisan, information, informing & empowering them while fitting into their daily routines.
Since disrupting the media landscape & defining a new category a decade ago, we have become a trusted source for our audience of millions by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way they consume news & make decisions. Today our ecosystem includes the Daily Skimm, the Daily Skimm: Weekend, Skimm Money & Skimm Your Life newsletters, three top-rated podcasts: Skimm This, 9 to 5ish with theSkimm & Pop Cultured with theSkimm, theSkimm mobile app, virtual course series SkimmU, & Skimm Studios which creates innovative in-house video & audio content. Our first book, How to Skimm Your Life debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list. Through Skimm Impact, our purpose-driven platform, we are proud to support get-out-the-vote efforts with Skimm Your Ballot, which has spurred 1 million voting-related actions across the last three election cycles, & it's #ShowUsYourLeave movement, creating transparency & change for Paid Family Leave in the U.S.
Come join us!
Learn more about us & our other opportunities here.
What about the office?
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY with flexibility for remote work.
Our office is available to use three days a week - Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday. We have a hybrid environment & ask that employees within the New York Metro area come together in person a minimum of three days per month. All other days are up to the discretion of the employees during the three days a week that the office will be open. We are continuing to closely monitor the state of COVID-19 in New York & will adjust this plan accordingly.
We will require COVID-19 vaccinations for anyone coming to our office. We are following CDC recommendations & will also require additional boosters, & will always follow CDC & NY state guidance on wearing masks in the office.
*Any correspondence from our team will come from a @theskimm.com email account!