With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel & life, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed & maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 on-demand service, crisp linens, & over 200 other quality standards, were taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started a little over five years ago, & now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe.
Paris poses unique challenges & opportunities for Sonder; the alternative accommodation space is the fastest growing segment in hospitality, but regulations & demand have created serious supply constraints. Are you the right candidate to take on the challenge of continuing to grow the market in Paris?
As a Director of Real Estate - Paris, you will be the real estate lead for your city. You will drive supply growth by working with your local Real Estate team (Associate Director, General Manager) to identify top-of-the-funnel lease opportunities for Sonder, negotiate leases, manage deal closings, & asset manage the properties in Sonders portfolio. Your primary role is to sell Sonder to developers & multifamily owners to sign as many units as possible in Paris.
What You'll Do:
- Sell Sonder to developers & multifamily owners to sign as many units as possible in Paris
- Be assigned to large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts.
- Be in a leadership role, being the lead of the real estate team in your market.
- Work closely with the General Manager to develop & implement a growth acquisition plan.
- Propel our growth even further by adding thousands of units to our portfolio.
- Prospect, qualify, underwrite, pitch, & close new real estate opportunities.
- Build relationships with many of the largest developers & owners in Paris
- Negotiate & structure deals by leveraging other headquarter resources including teams dedicated to market analysis, underwriting & public policy stakeholders.
- Use local real estate knowledge & a network of contacts in Paris to source developers & real estate owners with suitable development opportunities where the Sonder business model can operate & create value. Manage relationships with owners & developers including deal structuring, ongoing correspondence, & lease compliance.
- Develop & maintain a network of local agents & broker partners to drive the supply pipeline.
- Craft, negotiate, & support leases favorable to Sonder & its guests, with a focus on commercial terms, as well as property upkeep, maintenance, cleanliness, & landlord responsiveness.
- Become fluent in local public policy & existing short-term rental regulations & building code.
- Become an expert at pipeline management while ensuring full compliance with Sonder business development procedures & driving improvements to the process when shortcomings are identified.
- Foster community relations & present the value & benefits of partnering with Sonder while enhancing public image.
- Develop new relationships & expand existing accounts.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Youre a commercial real estate expert, & have made your mark as a recognized & well-established real estate professional in your market. You have additional specialized knowledge, as well as record of success in real estate sales.
- Youre a proven leader who will lead the real estate team in your city.
- Minimum 8+ years experience in commercial real estate, including acquisition & development.
- Experience with a range of asset classes (Residential, Commercial, Retail, & Hospitality). You master all aspects of real estate development - equity structures, financing considerations, construction, lease-up & exit.
- You live, breathe, & sleep commercial real estate; you are ultra passionate & knowledgeable about Pariss real estate market.
- Youre an accomplished salesperson & closer who is self-driven. Youve mastered the art of presenting a value proposition & handling objections while inspiring trust.
- Youve built a powerful real estate network. You can find your way to any developer in the city & can leverage your rolodex.
- You are analytical, decisive & have the entrepreneurial drive to craft & implement a strategic plan for property acquisition.
- You aspire to be a missionary & not a mercenary - you want to work for a fast growing start up with a unicorn trajectory. You see the big picture & make decisions based on the long term value vs. short term profit.
- Youre an outstanding communicator with the ability to communicate complex deals in simple terms.
- You have the ability to analyze real estate from a strategic point of view.
- MBA preferred.
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Daily catered lunches
- All the coffee you can imagine
- Snack-filled kitchen
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, & a team of smart, ambitious & fun to work-with colleagues!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
***Please submit your resume in English***