2020 TripAdvisor Legal Fellow Job Description
TripAdvisor (NASDAQ: TRIP) operates the world's largest travel site, enabling travelers to plan & have the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted advice from real travelers & a wide variety of travel choices & planning features with seamless links to booking tools. TripAdvisor-owned & operated sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching over 490 million unique monthly visitors**, & more than 800 million reviews & opinions covering more than 8.5 million accommodations, vacation rentals, restaurants & attractions. The sites operate in 49 countries & 28 languages worldwide, & also operate many other popular travel media brands that cover hotels, flights, vacation rentals, attractions, & restaurants.
The Legal Department is involved in all aspects of the TripAdvisor business, including contract drafting & negotiation, intellectual property, litigation threat assessment & management, internet law, privacy law, consumer marketing law, international legal issues, mergers & acquisitions, employment law, regulatory matters & compliance.
The Legal Department is seeking a 2020 law school graduate to serve as a TripAdvisor In-House Legal Fellow for a two-year term, beginning on September 1, 2020 & ending in August 30, 2022 at our Needham headquarters. The Legal Fellow will have the opportunity to work closely with TripAdvisors legal team in a wide variety of legal matters.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drafting & reviewing partner & vendor contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, partnership agreements, software licensing agreements & more.
- Reviewing marketing materials, site features, & various corporate communications for various TripAdvisor Media Group companies.
- Drafting & tracking intellectual property enforcement actions worldwide.
- Assisting with the review & updates for the standard company contracts for TripAdvisor & its affiliates.
- Performing associated legal research projects.
- Working with counsel to analyze & update responses to notice & takedown requests & track status of same.
- Assistance with identifying, organizing & uploading contracts,
- Assistance with litigation & regulatory filings, domestically & internationally.
- Support for multiple business units, including but not limited to; Hotels, Flights, Core Experience/Marketing, & Restaurants.
- Other assorted projects assigned by the legal counsel in the US, Europe & Asia, potentially including assistance with mergers & acquisition & securities law projects.
Benefits of a TripAdvisor Legal Fellowship:
- Excellent, varied experience at a top consumer internet company
- Involvement in a variety of international, national, & local project efforts
- Free lunch every day, on-site gym, & other amenities at our new award winning offices in Needham
- Office is accessible by company shuttle, MBTA green line, & by car (free parking)
- Candidates must be 2020 law school graduate (and planning to take a state bar exam in July 2020)
- Candidates with a noted interest in commercial contracts, business law, online technology, privacy, litigation and/or intellectual property
- Excellent grades and/or law journal experience preferred
- Technology interest & experiences preferred, though technical skills are not required
To apply, please submit your resume, a brief cover letter & a law school grade sheet by Thursday, January 23, 2020
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer may provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***