As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for a passionate Compliance Director to join our Asia Pacific Compliance team.
As the Compliance Director you'll be a critical partner to the business, providing pragmatic, solutions oriented advice to ensure that Visa has effective, risk based business decision making, & performing review of key processes to ensure that the activities meet requirements of company policies, international standards & the obligations of regulations & laws of the United States & of those countries in which we operate.
What a Compliance Director does at Visa:
As a global payments network, Visa maintains a Compliance Program designed to manage legal, regulatory & ethical risks across our business.This position is responsible for the oversight, support & monitoring of the ongoing application of the Compliance Program across India, Sri Lanka & South Asia offices, Visa's Mumbai & Bangalore based business & technology teams as well as Singapore's regional Asia Pacific hub functions.
These activities include the following areas of risk
Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption
- Office of Foreign Assets Controls & other Sanctions
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/ Anti-Terrorist Financing (ATF)
- Data Privacy
- Information Security
- Anti-Trust & Competitive Intelligence, and
- Other specific compliance requirements of regulators who have regulatory authority over Visa operations.
In highest standards of business ethics, as set out in Visa's Code of Business Conduct & Ethics. Particular areas of focus include:addition, this role also carries responsibility for ensuring the
- Business Conduct & Ethics
- Conflicts of Interest, and
- Prevention of Insider Trading.
The core responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Responsible for all Compliance matters as a primary point of contact for business units, support functions & local regulators
- Grow business partnerships & provide leadership on regulatory compliance matters by providing accurate & timely advice & counsel
- Ensuring understanding of business strategy through ongoing dialogue to identify potential or emerging risks & proactively address them so as to avoid unnecessary risk or delays to strategic plans
- Ensure that the business has effective decision-making, risk assessment, processes, controls & procedures, meet obligations of international & local regulatory laws & requirements
- Provide support to the Principal Reporting Officer (PRO) to Reserve Bank of India's Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) for managing the process & providing required reporting to regulatory authorities throughout, as required
- Execution of due diligence responsibility requirements of the Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption Program, Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing & Sanctions Programs, including third party due diligence
- Support of Visa's Financial Intelligence Analytics activities through additional & enhanced due diligence applied Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing & Sanctions cases, including direct communications & requests for information from clients & partners
- Review, assessment & pre-approval of gifts, travel & entertainment, as well as assessment of the proper designation of State-Owned Entities & Covered Government Officials
- Review significant business activities & transactions, assessment of risk & development & execution of risk mitigation action at regional, country, program & product level
- Responsible to assist the business in developing & enhancing the first line of defense to ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements, ensuring that risks are being adequately managed & that the business is in compliance with company policy
- Responsible for second line of defense monitoring, where required
- Responsible for business education on policy requirements, including delivery of localized training, tailored to the specific countries & business & support function needs
- Responsible for comprehensive reporting including local dashboard & metrics reporting
- Continually identify opportunities for efficiencies while ensuring sufficient controls are in place; partner with the business to drive process & control improvements
- Work closely with Legal & Government Relations to maintain an understanding of the legal & regulatory landscape including the support & maintenance of the legal & regulatory obligations inventory as it applies to Visa
- Handle queries & questions on the Compliance Program from the business, support functions, other control groups, regulators, clients & partners
Why this is important to Visa
- This role is critical in sustaining Visa's ethical culture & global Compliance Program.Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network & it is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. For each of the past seven years, Visa has been voted one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute, & recognized as one of the top brands globally by several independent brand benchmarking organizations
What you will need: What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree or other higher education qualifications required
- 10 to 12 years of experience in management of compliance programs & controls within the financial services industry required
- Professional AML/ATF (ACAMS) accreditation required
- Sound knowledge on AML/ATF typologies required
- Good understanding of core pillars of effective AML/ATF & Sanctions programs & appropriate legislation required
- English language skills required
- Good knowledge of payments industry products, emerging products, regulations & related trends required
- Corporate experience with a proven track record of managing multiple projects in a complex matrix business & operational environments required
- Excellent analytical & data analysis skills including use of MS Office systems including Word, Access, Visio, Excel (advanced), Power Point, SharePoint & other applications required
- Intuitive, highly ethical & comfortable to question & challenge
- Highly analytical & self-motivated, adept at working independently & in a dispersed team environment covering multiple & varied tasks
- Capable of working collaboratively with employees from all levels within the organization; proactive planner able to engage peers & seniors constructively
- Flexible to work in an environment where needs are continually changing
- Ability to multi-task & able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent presentation & public communication skills
- Some travel & extended business hours (conference calls) may be required.
What will also help:
- ICA Diploma in Governance, Risk & Compliance or similar qualification is preferred
- Multiple Asian language skills is preferred; Hindi proficiency preferred.