Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology & design to revolutionize healthcare. We work on a wide range of projects in several areas: building next generation consumer experiences, technology & infrastructure, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with patients, optimizing internal operations & processes, & lots more.
As the Group PM for Concierge, youll oversee a team of product managers & process engineers focused on delivering the Concierge experience at scale. You & your team will work to identify opportunities to empower a large & growing team of care guides allowing them to answer more than a million questions a year while spending time on the things that matter most to members--helping them navigate a complex healthcare system & making sure they get the care they need.
- Experienced. You have 4+ years of product experience & have managed a team of 1-3 product managers for 1+ years. (Were serious!)
- Excellent people manager: you actively coach (without micromanaging) & thoughtfully advocate for the needs of your team.
- A quick study. Healthcare is complicated; youre excited to get into the details & become an expert in health insurance, from how claims are processed to how payments flow through the healthcare system.
- User-driven: You encourage your team to develop a deep understanding of how your users think & behaveand you create the right processes to make user research a daily ritual.
- Outcome-focused: You maintain a high standard of quality while working with your team to deliver results quickly & consistently
- Collaborative. You love partnering with product peers & stakeholders on other teams to solve problems cross-functionally
- Strong communicator. You understand what level & form of communication to use to not only keep your team in alignment, but your stakeholders too.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the healthcare experience better - we cant fix all of them at once! How do you make sure your team knows where to start?
- Above all: you are mature, flexible, & highly collaborative. (No jerks allowed!)
Your day-to-day will include:
- Helping to define the vision & strategy for a set of road maps focused on allowing our Concierge teams to support & serve our members
- Communicating with stakeholders including department leaders from across the business
- Collaborating with Engineering & Product leadership to make resource trade-off decisions & to ensure your teams are working together effectively
- Mentoring, coaching & providing support to a team of PMs & Process Engineers
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.