Squarespace is powered by design. We offer an environment where ideas can come from anywhere & execution is everything. We are looking for a Senior Motion Designer to bring our products & brand to life through animations, prototypes, & videos. You have conceptual design skills & the ability to tell compelling stories through motion.
You respect the details, have a passion for the power of design, & an understanding of how one affects the other. Youre always learning & mastering new tools as a means to work towards your creative vision. You have knowledge in a wide array of technologies, techniques, & applications, with an expertise in one or two specialties. While you spend most of your time working in motion, your passion for design inspires you to create polished final products from a rough initial direction.
You will report to the Senior Design Manager in our New York office.
- Create proofs of concept that enhance digital experiences & help tell stories.
- Create animations & videos for a range of front-site projects (Squarespace.com), internal projects & brand campaign work, including campaign microsites & social.
- Collaborate with designers & writers to create stories through motion.
- Collaborate with designers & other engineers to incorporate animations & prototypes into production.
- You foresee design & motion trends to keep Squarespace at the forefront of design for web.
- Work both autonomously & collaboratively with cross-discipline teams.
- Portfolio of shipped work that shows motion as part of UI & UX experience.
- You are an expert in After Effects.
- 3D skills in Cinema 4D or the like are a bonus.
- Have a passion for telling stories through motion, including storyboarding, editing footage, & motion graphics/animation.
- Have an eye for detailed design & can execute against a variety of aesthetics.
- Create animations for advertising/marketing work across several platforms (digital, social media, etc).
- 5+ years of experience.
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 850 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.