Vimeo is looking for a seasoned leader to oversee the integral UX & Design team, reporting to the SVP of Product. As well as managing a team of 10 designers, the VP will work with our SVP of Product to drive Vimeos product & design strategy across all aspects of the business, including team workflow & collaboration, video creation, management, distribution to third party platforms, as well as our OTT & Enterprise business.
What youll do:
- Own the product design, user experience & information architecture across Vimeo, ensuring a thoughtful, consistent UX that scales across all Vimeo tools, from freemium to Enterprise
- Manage a team of 10 direct reports across design & UX copywriting, recruiting & developing world-class talent through coaching, managing & mentoring
- Build a consistent, effective, & compelling user journey across Vimeo's portfolio of subscription/video products, continuously reevaluating using data & user feedback, & maximizing user engagement, conversion & retention
- Effectively communicate the product vision, design & UX to key stakeholders across all levels of the company
- Ensure appropriate & actionable User Research is being conducted across all phases of the product development cycle
- Define UI patterns that can be integrated or repurposed across the site using research, data, & usability tests
- Champion new, creative exercises & processes to help key stakeholders have a deeper understanding of our users, & how we can positively impact them
- Work across disciplines to specify & maintain all the UX components of a launch scope, ensuring timely delivery of the best products for our users
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 15+ years of experience as a manager & IC across user experience, interaction design, & visual/graphic design
- Demonstrated meticulousness, excitement for beautiful design, & a love of seeing products ship
- Experience defining UI patterns that can be integrated or repurposed across the site using research, data, & usability experience
- Proven leadership, leading with empathy, both for users & employees
- Experience leading with business impact
- Belief in & practice of systems thinking,moving from observing events or data to identifying patterns of behavior overtime, to surfacing the underlying structures that drive those events & patterns
- Strong experience with complex products that go beyond funnel optimization & incorporate collaborative workflows across content creation & management of assets
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. With over 175 million members across more than 150 countries, we help anyone grow their business by making it easy to create & market high-quality, impactful videos.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world, & is an operating business of IAC. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.