About the Company:
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels at visual recognition. We do not sell an abstract, futuristic technology - we sell a platform that businesses can use to solve real-world problems. We believe that the same AI technology that gives big tech companies a competitive edge should be available to developers & businesses of any size or budget. Thats why we build products to make it easy, quick, & inexpensive for developers & businesses to innovate with AI, go to market faster, & build better customer experiences. Leading companies like OpenTable, Trivago & West Elm use our technology, which is the most personalizable, unbiased, accurate solution in the market.
We have secured a $30M Series B round of funding & are backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, & Corazon Capital. To continue to succeed, we need people like you to join the team!
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing & hiring a diverse workforce.
As Clarifais VP Marketing, you will provide extraordinary leadership & direction & will be responsible for all activities related to implementing market strategy & reaching measurable marketing targets for both our enterprise & developer prospects.
As our VP of Marketing, you will have the opportunity to develop & execute on the messaging, communications, & campaign strategy that will help drive the next phase of growth for Clarifai. You get the opportunity to build processes as well as:
- Set the mission, vision, & strategy of marketing organization within Clarifai
- Work with the rest of the executive team at Clarifai to develop & execute on overall company strategy.
- Work with sales & demand gen teams to develop a go-to-market strategy.
- Work closely with product management leadership to continue to hone in on current target market focus, explore additional markets, & establish a foundation for long term vision
- Define Clarifais messaging to key personas & influencers within target markets including economic buyer, technical buyer, end user,
- Own the branding & messaging across all our marketing collateral (website, case studies, ads, email drips, social media channels etc.) & communications
- Work with our PR agency to execute on building trust in & differentiating our brand vs. the competition
- Scale the marketing team by continuing recruitment of top talent; structuring the team to align efficiently with the Product, Sales, & Demand Gen teams
- Oversee & possibly implement SEO strategy.
- Define marketing KPIs, create & implement a top-of-the-funnel inbound marketing strategy & create dashboards to share progress with the leadership team & the company of Key Performance Indicators such as:
- Conversion rate
- Number of sales-qualified leads
- Manage website overhaul & responsibility for writing website content as well as overseeing & guiding the design process.
- Oversee social media strategy both organic & paid & develop & coordinate email marketing strategy.
- You have 10+ years of experience in marketing and/or similar role
- You have at least 7 B2B years experience managing & building multi-faceted marketing teams in a rapidly changing startup environment including the functions of content marketing, brand, PR, demand generation & product marketing functions. You have demonstrated experience hiring, mentoring, coaching & retaining a high-performing results driven team. Ideal experience in the areas of Enterprise Software, SaaS, and/or Machine Learning.
- You bring your experience in distilling complex technology into an easily consumable message for different channels. You have experience marketing technical products/platforms to mix both the business buyer as well as fostering the community of developers.
- A track record of creating, driving & executing a marketing strategy that resulted in substantial growth.
- You have a formula for continuously testing & refining your approach in support of demand generation & revenue growth. Measurable results are in your DNA.
- You love working across the organization & have a results-driven approach that values teamwork, calculated risks, timely execution, & quality delivery.
- An entrepreneurial own the outcome mindset with a disciplined approach to the establishment & prioritization of goals, focus objectives, & target results
- Manage the production of marketing collateral
- Develop segmented marketing strategy focused on targeted end markets (public sector, consumer/retail, & others)
- Ability to develop & lead improvements in copywriting