At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger & the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives & with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development & operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level 5, you will have the opportunity to develop & deploy tomorrows hardware & software solutions & thereby revolutionize transportation.
As a software engineer on the localization team, you will be responsible for building geometric maps at scale & localizing the autonomous vehicle accurately. This will involve collaborating with partner teams in autonomy to define roadmaps, developing cutting-edge localization & mapping algorithms, & building the infrastructure & tools for evaluation & triaging. For this position, we are looking for a software engineer with the ability to understand the general concepts of autonomous vehicles.
- Design, implement & maintain efficient, reusable, & reliable C++ code
- Develop & maintain the localization & mapping software that runs on the car & the cloud
- Build tools to understand the behavior of the algorithm & dashboards to monitor the performance & health of the system
- Analyze requirements & collaborate closely with other engineers to understand what metrics & tools need to be developed
- Automate & improve existing workflows
- Ability to produce production-quality C++ software
- Familiar with probabilistic robotics, numerical optimization, SLAM, & other related fields
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & collaborate across teams & disciplines
- Openness to new/different ideas. Ability to evaluate multiple approaches & choose the best one based on first principles
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills
- Strong ownership & impact-driven
- (Nice to have) Experience in object detection & semantic segmentation using frameworks such as Pytorch & Tensorflow
- (Nice to have) Developed evaluation systems using distributed computing frameworks such as Docker, Kubernetes, & Spark
- (Nice to have) Hands-on experience with a real outdoor robotics system
- (Nice to have) Experience with building HD maps from sensor data
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.