What is Slice?
Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
Slice, Belfast is one of the companys busy technology hubs & home to many of our Software specialists, Designers, Product & People Teams. We have a world class office & an office culture that is second to none, so we hire the best!
Yes, we have a pizza philosophy
Across the country, pizza is made by people who care about craft, history, & culture. We created Slice to champion the small pizzerias by connecting those proud makers with customers who are just as passionate about their pizza. We celebrate pizza as the ultimate shareable food that brings people together for more than just a bite.
Were growing our team every day so, if youve got a passion for local, authentic pizza & the drive to help share it with the world, wed love to have you on the team!
Read more about our initiatives here.
What You'll Do:
- Display exceptional productivity when working both independently & with others on shared goals
- Work to deliver best in class user experiences on our consumer-facing pizza ordering app or our restaurant-facing management apps
- You'll have a major impact on the features & performance of all of our applications
- Collaborate with our designers & product team to build meaningful features & experiences for all our users
- Display expertise in resolution of software failures
- Lead by example by writing very high quality, maintainable code
- 3+ years experience of building mobile applications
- Advanced knowledge of Java or Kotlin
- Excellent problem solving, analytical & organisational skills
- Fluent in English with strong communication skills
- A drive to improve your skills & further your knowledge
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts & opinions of your peers
- Ability to communicate & collaborate effectively with both engineers & non-engineering stakeholders alike
- Experience with delivering production-ready code covered with unit tests
- Experience working on consumer focused mobile applications
- Interest or experience with various mobile patterns e.g. reactive programming, MVVM
- Experience with Kotlin in Android
- Experience testing Android applications with frameworks such as JUnit & Mockito
- Experience with Android Jetpack including Compose, LiveData, Hilt & Room
- Understanding of the full product development life-cycle
- Interest in working on back end web services, especially in Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of popular frameworks such as OkHttp, Retrofit, & RxJava
- Knowledge of current advances & tools being created & adopted by the Android software community
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, & flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product & business, no matter the department. Youre the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of engineers who combine creativity, curious minds & a commitment to excellence with the desire & commitment to grow & build on the engineering skill base & community here in Northern Ireland, therefore we do not hire remote engineers. Missing a few of the criteria but have worked in a pizza shop, or feel you can solve some of our interesting problems? Why not get in touch!
- Market Leading Salary
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental & Eye Care
- Income & Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to 2500
- 750 per annum self-learning budget/working from home allowance
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity & Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours & WFH
- Generous time off allowance & policies
- Free Friday Pizza & Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance & training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work & projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice is an equal opportunities employer & we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style & perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, & we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.