Daily Harvest is looking for a highly creative & well rounded Video Editor & Motion Graphics Designer to join our in-house creative team. This role will sit under & support our Senior Videographer in editing videosincluding all facets of post-production. The right candidate is obsessed with all things video & motion, from editing software & styles, to sound mixing, to color grading, & motion design techniques. Additionally, he/she brings a wealth of innovative ideas for how to tell compelling motion stories across a variety of platforms & has his/her finger on the pulse with respect to trends in the video landscape.
Day to day responsibilities will include: editing videos from start to finish; sound engineering & color editing; supporting the Senior Videographer with an assortment of editing projects; finding visual/motion swipe & assisting with concept decks; & building storyboards around motion design direction & editing styles. Given the fast paced environment & speed of our workflow, the candidate must be an ambitious self-starter with a can-do mentality & the ability to juggle several projects concurrently. We are looking for someone who brings a deep understanding of the marketing & social media landscapeincluding relevant brands, industry trends, & visual best practices as they relate to video/motion.
What you'll do:
- Flawlessly edit videos for a range of paid social projects & brand campaign work
- Quickly assemble edits & implement notes from Creative Team, Acquisition Team, & Brand Team
- Start-to-end edit multiple videos & formats both unscripted & scripted
- Design & animate title cards, end cards, & lower third titles
- Work cross-functionally with marketing & product teams to align on project deliverables & gain a clear understanding of the strategy associated with a given project
- Collaborate with designers & writers to create stories through motion
- Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions if needed
- Pull visual/motion swipe to support Senior Videographer in building out concept decks for motion design & editing style
Who you are:
- Bachelors Degree
- 2-4 years experience editing video content for brands, with a strong portfolio that includes branded content for social media
- You are incredibly creative & able to come up with a bounty of original ideas in a short period of time
- Independent, organized, detail-oriented, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities & complete responsibilities in a fast paced, change-oriented environment
- Expert in Premiere, After Effects, & Photoshop.
- A clear understanding of video formatting, editing, color grading & motion graphics
- Have an eye for detailed design & a vision for how design can move
- Experience with designing & laying in GFX/VFX
- Mix & level audio within Adobe Premiere
- Well organized & willing to adapt to new project management workflows
- Advanced knowledge of Post-Production & Production process
- A strong understanding of Instagram, Facebook, YouTube & other social platforms & how video works best on each platform we're making content for
- Proven ability to develop & maintain effective work relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Excellent oral, written, & interpersonal communication skills
- A scrappy team player who is ready to hustle & pitch in wherever necessary
- A passion for good, healthy food - but not afraid to celebrate with a big slice of cake
- Discounted Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, & Refinery29, & garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, & Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.