Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about delivering a vision that boosts our Infrastructure team.
We are looking for a person with an extensive program management & strategic background, a passion for making tools & processes that scale, & someone that gets the job done. Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure, this role will work cross-functionally to define, design, & execute upon high-priority efforts within the infrastructure organization.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Work with product & engineering management to define strategy & requirements, identifying & securing commitment from teams across the organization, setting timelines, & leading cross-functional teams from design through delivery
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams & functions, to ensure transparency to program & team goals, commitments, risks, & deliverable quality
- Identify & develop solutions to impediments or bottlenecks that pose a risk to the program success & communicate any trade-offs that may result from these solutions
- Ability to map dependencies & relationships between projects & teams, coordinating work across disparate teams
- Drive stakeholder engagement & adoption of tools & processes, gaining feedback & iterating on solutions to ensure needs are being met
- Providing Technical Program Management for a wide range of cross functional infrastructure programs & projects (Data center builds & installs, large network projects etc)
What Well Expect From You:
- Establish, define, & track against program goals, KPIs, roadmap, & detailed plans ensuring alignment & coordination with stakeholders & team participants
- Track-record of effective collaboration with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, & lead the resolution of blocking issues
- Ability to clearly communicate progress, change, & status updates verbally, written, or in a presentation
- Ability to influence & work through others where direct reporting relationships do not exist
- Organization skills that mitigate against human error & drive continual improvement
- Strong attention to detail & understanding of intricate cross-dependencies
- Ability to clearly communicate progress, change, & status updates both verbally & in writing
- Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems & driving high-quality, innovative, & robust solutions
- Experience with agile & other program management methodologies
- Experience with Data center projects is preferred
- Experience with Jira is preferred (bonus if you have basic jira administration skills)
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Infrastructure #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!