At Away, a Senior Digital Product Designer is the ambassador of the companys human-centered design values in the execution of our work. At this level, the designer will lead the development of product solutions, providing strategic input on the direction of digital product, & articulating the UX perspective in cross-functional settings. Further, they will be independently managing their own workload through an understanding of the relative strategic importance of projects. Within the digital team, they are accountable for the identification & delivery of the necessary design output. Across the company, they facilitate relationships with stakeholders & collaborators in order to understand their needs & priorities, while upholding our standards for crafting optimal experiences.
What youll do:
- Conceptualize & own overall design strategy & vision for Aways digital products
- Develop straightforward design approaches to complex design problems while maintaining a human-centered perspective
- Think strategically for long-term impact while understanding & accounting for technical & business constraints
- Ensure the companys brand is accurately & consistently reflected in every design deliverable
- Create wireframes, user flows, & mockups to effectively communicate interaction & design ideas
- Deliver functional prototypes for user testing
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas & design rationale to cross-functional stakeholders
- Collaborate with project managers & other relevant business owners throughout the product life cycle
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure proper implementation & quality software launches
- Participate in agile methodology for product development, & apply this mindset to all aspects of your work
What you have:
- 5+ years of full-time professional experience designing & shipping digital products, ideally for consumer-facing companies
- An online portfolio of product case studies that speak to both your UX & visual design skills
- Ability to pitch, educate, & define your design rationale to key stakeholdersyou can articulate the why & lead discussions around your process, explorations, & conclusions
- Ability to translate stakeholder goals, user research, & complex task-based flows into clean, usable UI
- Up-to-date knowledge of best practices, developments, & trends in web & native mobile design
- Extensive knowledge working & collaborating with design software like Figma or Sketch, & interaction prototyping tools like Principle, Origami, or Framer
- Humility & objectivity: you welcome design feedback & are eager to incorporate new ideas into design iterations
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.