Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, & brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquares platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Visits. As the industrys first & only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions those that exist today & those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date, building a phones-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About our Engineering Team:
As a member of Foursquares engineering team, you will gain experience building real products from the ground up. We're passionate about tackling tough challenges in the location space & look for others who like to dive deep into code & help solve hard problems.
Join us & help bring our feature ideas (and your own!) out of Slack & into reality. Here are some high-level areas you could contribute to:
- Improve the accuracy & efficiency of one of the premier Place search APIs in existence. Our API powers Foursquare City Guide & Swarm as well as apps from Microsoft, Uber, Samsung, Twitter & more
- Leverage machine learning techniques to build systems which process & derive insights from billions of location data points every day
- Launch features that make cities easier to explore & continue to push the Foursquare City Guide & Swarm apps forward
- Build resilient services & tooling which process petabytes of data & implement cutting edge machine learning techniques
- Build scalable infrastructure to support rapidly growing products with enterprise level reliability requirements
- Currently, a rising Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals with sound knowledge of data structures, algorithms, & design
- Bonus points for any of the following:
- Mobile development experience on iOS or Android
- Experience applying ML techniques
- Experience developing Yarn applications like Hadoop MapReduce or Spark
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.