BARK is a company building products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make dogs happier.
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
Our BARK Essentials team is harnessing the same magic we put into our toys & putting it into home essentials. BARK essentials products are simple, smart & elegant. They belong in every home & make life better for dogs & their people.
We are looking for a design & style guru to help us develop new products & and achieve our goal of making dogs happy by delivering reliably great, reliably elegant products to every single dog household.
- Initiate development for products within new product categories while at the same time expand the assortment within existing categories.
- Create the product strategy & launch plan for 2021/22.
- Own the Home product design function at BARK for all channels & across product design, graphic design, packaging, & POS.
- Work closely with channel leads to create the best suitable product assortment for each channel. (Amazon, Retail, Add-to-box & Barkshop)
- Work closely with the Essentials sourcing team in the US & China to continuously improve quality & cost, while at the same time explore new materials & production methods.
- Design & style expert - you are a hands-on designer with 8+ years of experience & an exceptional sense of style & trends within the home & furniture industry.
- Dog parent - has a deep first-hand understanding of life with a dog & how to create great products & for the shared dog-human home.
- Proactive - able to look around corners, communicate clearly, & take action without permission or much direction.
- Business savvy - Despite being in a highly creative role the candidate understands & appreciates the fundamentals of running a product business especially around designing for specific product cost structures.