Atlanta, GA | Retail Team | Reports to the ATL Ponce City Market Store Leader
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, were on a mission to prove that comfort, good design & sustainability dont have to be mutually exclusive. We are dedicated to making the most sustainable footwear we can using premium natural materials, designed for life's everyday adventures. Our commitment to making better shoes in a better way is fueled by a fundamental belief that the shoe industry needs to focus less on flashy designs & synthetics in favor of more thoughtful, natural solutions.
Where do we need help?
Weve sold a million shoes, launched three groundbreaking materials, & changed how people think about comfort, design, & retail. Now were taking the Allbirds in-store experience across the country & are looking for seasoned & impactful retail leaders to execute on that mission.
Who are we looking for?
The Assistant Store Leaders core purpose is to coach, train & role model service & operational standards to their team & to assist the Store Leader in all aspects of running the business & achieving targets & results.
What does the job entail?
Delivering & executing on four primary focus areas: Store Performance, People Management, Operational Excellence, & Customer Experience.
- Support the Store Leader in the execution of business plans to achieve all operational & financial targets.
- Use sound judgement to effectively allocate & manage resources, such as labor & inventory, in order to achieve targets.
- Actively contribute to meeting the teams sales goals & NPS targets, leading by example.
- Hold team members accountable for fulfilling their role responsibilities, such as following SOPs & adhering to time & attendance & dress code policies.
- Help recruit Floor Leads & Retail Ambassadors & assist in training & onboarding new-hires.
- Help develop & retain talent.
- Provide in the moment coaching & feedback
- Help team members achieve the goals laid out in their quarterly reviews & development plans
- Provide input to the Store Leader on succession planning
- Help the Store Leader facilitate internal promotions & mobility
- Champion an open door policy that promotes honesty & transparency amongst the team.
- Cultivate an engaging & empowering team culture based on our values & mission.
- Explore thoughtful & creative ways to motivate the team, celebrate shared wins, & recognize individual contributions.
- Execute on store operations, including, but not limited to:
- opening & closing procedures
- store appearance, cleanliness, & organization
- cash count & control
- ensuring store security from theft & knowing proper apprehension & prosecution procedures
- ensuring a safe & healthy work environment for employees & customers
- ensuring store compliance with all State & Federal laws & regulations
- Ensure that your team is providing customers with engaging & personalized try-on experiences.
What might describe you.
- 3+ years of retail experience, fashion or footwear is a plus
- 2+ years of retail managerial experience
- Connection to Allbirds's mission, vision, & products
- Curious, intentional, & low-ego, with an eye for simplifying complex situations & processes
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent relationship builder
- Positive & enthusiastic
- Desire to learn & grow
- Able to work approximately 40 hours per week, including a minimum of one weekend day
- Able to comfortably lift 30 lbs on a regular basis & stand for 95% of the work day
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Benefits
- Employee Discount
- Commuter Benefits
- Student Loan Repayment Program
Please apply with your resume & cover letter. We're excited to hear from you.
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.