The New Business Writer combines a need for persuasive writing, strategic thinking & project management skills. As an important member of our BD & Marketing team, he/she will play a key role in developing client proposals & pitches, the execution around RFP/RFI, & other projects related to the pursuit of new business. This includes the creation/aggregation of content for requests for proposals & capability decks, where the ability to understand & effectively articulate our value proposition can have a big impact. The person will work closely with our marketing communication designer on the visual representation of decks. The person also has an opportunity to play a role in shaping all external communications from case studies to website copy.
We are looking for an integral team player who works collaboratively with others, but who can also work independently, coordinate projects & maintain communication with various stakeholders as he/she is working on different RFPs simultaneously.
- Write new business proposals & create PPT presentations including pulling & synthesizing case study assets
- Helping to systemize & organize assets to streamline the RFP/new business process
- Draft & edit marketing materials, including company background info, capability presentations, staff bios, case studies & Web site content
- Collaborate closely with Exec Leadership & Client Services Director on prospective client meetings & materials
- Work closely with marketing team (Director & communication designer)
- Potential exposure to other marketing assets including press materials, responses to written questions from reporters, award entries, etc.
Naturally You have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Design, Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field
- 4+ Years Related Work Experience, preferably for other professional services firms either in a project management/account management or proposal writing role
- Adaptable, with the ability to respond productively to each content lead (design, engineering, strategy, technology) with some being more hands on than others
- Excellent time management skills & confidence working in a deadline-driven environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word & PowerPoint & familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (preferred)
- Excellent persuasive writing skills that crafts a clear story
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills & project coordination skills
- Detail oriented, proactive & self-directed