Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
As a part of the Database Engineering team, we are looking for a new Database Engineer to join us in maintaining, growing, & improving our relational database infrastructure. Together well provide our internal customers with a highly available & approachable database layer. Well enable Mailchimps understanding of business-critical processes & support the tools that Mailchimps customers use to find & fine-tune their audiences.
While furthering this mission, youll relish the challenge of troubleshooting issues, continuing to learn & providing clarity. Youll seek creative long term strategies that improve everyone's experience with our infrastructure.
What you'll do:
- Assist the KTLO (keep the lights on) team, designing & implementing improvements to our database infrastructure using MySQL, Percona & supporting tools
- Support other engineering teams that rely on our database infrastructure to support Mailchimps growth
- Participate in the on-call rotation to ensure the MySQL & Postgres databases & Redis infrastructure run smoothly
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have 2-3 years experience working as a MySQL database administrator
- Youve written basic tools & scripts (Bash, Python, or Golang)
- You are able to display a working comprehension of Linux administration
- Youre naturally curious with an aptitude for learning technologies, but know when to ask for help
- You like to experiment: youre comfortable with trying things, occasionally failing, & trying something else
- You embrace & demonstrate our core values: humility, creativity, & independence
Bonus points, but not a requirement:
- Basic understanding of the relational database paradigm & replication methods
- Experience in Puppet or some config management (Salt, Ansible, etc.)
- Youre interested in straddling the line between dev & ops, adding value to both
If you are excited about the role, even if these pluses dont match your experience, you are encouraged to apply!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business.We love Brooklyn & are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight & views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade & within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F & R lines).
Ourheadquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline.We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.