The Quality NPI Engineer is the product quality representative working with the Design, Manufacturing, & Supplier teams on new products. This role is focused on ensuring the best product is produced to meet capacity, reliability, and design intents. This individual must have strong technical ability, problem solving skills, & communication skills to help troubleshoot, diagnosis, & solve issues during the development phases & through the start of production. You're an individual who is independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible & enjoys working in a collaborative team environment to achieve world-class product quality.
This job is based in the US & requires up to 25% domestic & international travel. It requires frequent communications with Asia (early & late conference calls).
- Champion APQP principles & works to create methods & systems to improve risk mitigation strategies & product quality for Peloton NPDP.
- Champion & participate in the running & creation of DFMEA & PFMEA activities to eliminate or reduce product risk
- Consult with development teams on design, manufacturing to ensure clear design intent & measurability
- Help to develop PPAP workflow, communication, & documentation with Sourcing, Manufacturing, & other quality functions
- Review & sign-off on PPAP submissions from suppliers
- Lead 8D process for attacking & resolving critical & blocking issues facing programs
- Coordinate with other quality functions & reports out product risk during phase gates
- Lead the effective deployment of Quality Engineering tools for the effective & efficient development, transfer, & maintenance of products/processes throughout the product life cycle
- Develop, improve, document, & assists in deployment of quality system within the Peloton organization
- BS or MS in mechanical engineering, quality engineering, manufacturing engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 8 or more years experience
- Strong written & verbal communications skills with ability to create articulate presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills & mastery of 8D
- Demonstrated ability to utilize Six Sigma tools (FMEAs, Gauge R&R, Capability Analysis, Statistical Process Control) & statistical tools (Minitab, JPM, etc)
- Skilled at reading 2D part drawings & understanding GD&T
- Familiar with Solidworks or similar CAD software
- Lean/Six Sigma training, Green or Black Belt a plus
- Certified CQE a plus
- Experience with ISO 9001 a plus
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brands immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.