Company Description|Job Description
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fuelled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Directorof MSA - Saudi Arabia will be responsible for designing, validating & executing the Merchant Sales & Acquiring plan in the KSA market. The role holder will be responsible for progressing both digital & traditional acceptance while working with Acquirers, Payment Service Providers / Payment Facilitators (PSP / PF), Local Strategic Merchants & other stakeholders like vendors, regulators, local switches among others. This is an individual contributor role & reports into the MSA lead for MENA. The role will be based in Riyadh & will work closely with the country team. The position will be responsible for managing annual revenue goal exceeding USD 20 mn & 20 plus relationships.
The role will influence Visa's business by:
- Positioning Visa as the industry leader & thought leader amongst clients, partners & peers.
- Expanding access by driving the increase of Merchant Sales Volume (MSV) & revenues. (additional acceptance locations, increased Visa card usage, & additional processing volume via VisaNet, Increasing & driving eCom use via CyberSource & sales of relevant Value Added Services).
- Working closely with country & functional teams to develop MS&A business plans & Implement.
Principle Responsibilities / Key Result Areas:
- Deliver the annual MSA business plan for the market
- Engaging pre-agreed set of key clients via account management plans, quarterly reviews & annual client satisfaction surveys
- Influencing & growing card payments in existing & new spend categories
- Relationship lead for key merchant relationships in the market (Telco, Airlines, Retail, QSR, Leisure etc)
- Developing non-traditional channels like Digital (contactless, eCom, Wallets) & segments like Government / Bill Payment / Fast Food / Supermarkets / Utilities / Schools / Healthcare etc.
- Targeting Cash pools via e2e solution oriented approach - example: opening up sectors like Fuel, Rentals, Insurance, Government merchants, Customs & any other hold outs.
- Drive Business Development in influencing Acquiring Banks and/ or Payment Processors to lead the charge in new areas of acceptance.
- Play the role of a Functional Expert within the country team with information, tools, & best practices.
- Be a key influencer in driving the Visa strategy on IRF, Pricing & Compliance for Acquirers.
Strategic Nature, Management Accountability, & Scope
- Develop & implement strategies to grow acceptance & spend from existing & new spend categories.
- Facilitate the development of marketing & promotional activity with key acquiring / merchant relationships.
- Facilitate the coming together of new technology & solutions (Example: mPOS / Cybersource / Scan to Pay / Visa Direct, B2B, Tokenization) & traditional acquirers to launch new acceptance initiatives.
- Play a lead role & take ownership for merchant & acceptance related matters while working with clients, key merchants & the regulator / Central Bank.
Decision Making & Complexity
- Key influencer in market related decisions
- Decisions impact the implementation of plans & achievement of MSA objectives for the Saudi market
- Works independently with guidance in only the more complex situations.
- Must have the maturity to work well within a matrix management.
- Expanding access across existing & new sectors - total count of Merchant outlets.
- Growth in PCE penetration & Contactless penetration
- Open up new acceptance sectors & hold outs.
- Facilitating the introduction & implementation of new solutions / technology: e-Commerce/CoF/S2P/Visa Direct / mPOS.
- This position is based in Riyadh & reports to the Head of MSA, MENA Region.
- The job has responsibility for Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- This position will involve frequent interaction with key Visa stakeholders, including financial institutions, processors, the Central Bank, acquirers, merchants, etc
- The candidate will be required to interact effectively with various levels of staff & management within Visa. Will interact closely with Country Managers & Functional Heads / colleagues, as well as others from the wider CEMEA & Global teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to address on-going needs of a complex, matrix organization.
- Multicultural sensitivity & interpersonal relationship management skills are essential including the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Payments - Traditional, Digital Acquiring, eCom Expertise
- Analytics - understanding merchant payments & business models
- Presentation & Influencing skills
- Team work, collaboration
- Negotiation & sales skills
- Strategic planning, analytical thinking
- Ability to understand financial concepts
- Professional Degree with atleast 10 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of Credit & Debit Cards business or related Payments Industry experience
- Understanding of Merchant Acquiring business.
- Financial Transaction processing knowledge
- Knowledge of Visa Systems & processing
- Microsoft office tools e.g. Thinkcell, PowerPoint, Excel, Word etc
- Significant experience in the bankcard or related industry
- General Finance & Accounting
- Business Negotiations skills
- Excellent communications skills, written & verbal & ability to communicate at all levels within large organizations
- Ability to work independently & engage multiple levels of management in key decisions where required for the business
- Flexibility to travel around the region & internationally as required
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.