See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Product Designer for the Billing Platform team.
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to improve the billing experience for our diverse set of customers, ranging in size from small to enterprise companies operating in multiple geographical locations around the world.
In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across the company to discover, define, & design experiences that enable our customers to manage their billing experiences for impacted users, brands, & organizations.
The ideal candidate will be an advocate for our customer-informed process, a champion & active contributor to our inclusive-by-default Design System, a partner to our UX team members in upholding our principles & standards, & a UX leader who takes a holistic, human-centered approach to design.
In this role, youll:
- Advance the user experience for billing experiences including the Twilio Console experience & internal systems.
- Engage with our internal & external customers to understand their needs, & design products & workflows to unlock their potential.
- Define, design, review, test & specify interfaces, components, systems, frameworks & tools for developer & social impact experiences. Articulate the customer problem & success metrics, & gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, & iterating on a solution.
- Navigate ambiguity through a scientific mindset - stating hypotheses, testing, learning & adapting.
- Collaborate with other Product Designers in elevating our standards. Participate in Design Critiques to ensure consistency across Twilio products. Advocate for more efficient processes & higher standards across the UX organization.
- Remain open, transparent, & inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, & remaining humble while asking for & providing useful & constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: design, prototyping, presentation, sharing & soliciting feedback, influencing key decision-makers, & collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with clean, usable, straightforward, & lovable designs that demonstrates technical product thinking & an understanding of user-centered design methodologies.
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design & research methodologies, & has experience running quantitative & qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, & field studies.
- Holds a passion for feedback & the ability to provide useful & constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
- Experience designing & evolving web-based services and/or application software in a fast-past environment.
- 4+ years of industry experience & a related degree or equivalent experience in software interface design and/or development.
- Bachelors or Masters in the field of Human Computer Interaction is a nice to have.
- Past experience working in the domain of Order to Cash billing flows is a big plus.
This role will be based in our Dublin, Ireland office.
Approximately 0-5% travel might be needed.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.