Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, & persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams that are deeply collaborative, & each member is directly responsible for the teams success.
We're looking for a Product Designer to help lead our Brand System team, tasked with defining what it means for our users to build & maintain a budding brand on Squarespace. You will have the opportunity to work with product groups across the organization in creating a singular, seamless experience for our customer's brand ingredients, such as their color palettes, fonts, & logos. The team also has aspirations of creating brand collateral tools to support our users growing presence online. This is only the beginning.
You will report to the Product Design Manager, Presence.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until September 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if & when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Lead the product design of our new Brand Systems team, primarily, how a users website styles & other brand ingredients follow them throughout their product journey on Squarespace
- Secondary scope of envisioning & validating a suite of brand creation tools to help grow our users budding businesses online
- Contribute to Brand Systems OKRs, product strategy, vision, & roadmap by working daily with PM & Engineering partners
- Define problems, identify insights, & measure solutions through deep collaboration with Research & Product Analytics
- Attain & maintain a thorough understanding of our users
- Collaborate closely with Web Design & UX Content Strategy on evolving our vision & potential solutions
- Collaborate with Design Systems to ensure your work integrates with our ecosystem
- Build end to end user experiences
- 4+ years of experience
- Can show strong examples of design process particularly with heavy content strategy collaboration & complex information architectures
- Comfortable successfully multitasking on several projects concurrently
- Systems thinker with experience operating within & contributing to a design system
- Able to build strong cross-functional partnerships & successful executive stakeholder management
- Strong storytelling & presentation skills
- Deep passion for our product & the impact that it has in the world
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement & how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.