Category Director, Womens RTW
TheCategory Director, Womens Ready to Wear (RTW) is responsible for ensuring the RTW category has a market-leading assortment, excellent financial performance & a great shopper experience across all of Walmarts Ecommerce brands Jet.com & Walmart.com (and whatever other brands join our family!). Your goal is to create the ultimate online destination for customers who turn to Jet.com & Walmart.com first when they are shopping for RTW. This position reports directly to the General Manager for Womens Apparel.
Challenges youll be tackling:
Own the RTW category end to end across all our ecommerce brands:You will be responsible for the performance of your category across all of Walmarts Ecommerce brands & be responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, & pricing.
Build a best in class customer experience:You will be working alongside Site & Creative teams to determine what your category looks like, how products are sourced, found, displayed, delivered, & finally, marketed to our millions of customers around the USA!
Managing & inspiring a team of category experts:You will be a part of hiring, managing & inspiring our category experts, some fresh out of college, who will own subcategories within your categories & allow you to deliver an amazing customer experience for every product we sell across all our channels. Your category specialists will be mini-GMs, & you will manage them & ensure they are helping you build our RTW experience!
- Set overall Womens Ready to Wear Strategy
- Own category financial targets & KPIs (e.g. GMV & margin), & identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
- Evolve & elevate the categorys assortment strategy through in-market expertise & identifying assortment gaps & opportunities
- Own & optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors & third-party retailers
- Own vendor relationships
- Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
- Manage on-site product presentation & catalog data, & drive requirements into the search & browse experience Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Collaborate with marketing & creative teams on category messaging
- Manage a team of category specialists & experts; scale team over time
How youll know its right:
- If you love fashion, trends & merchandising
- If you like owning something & being accountable for its outcomes
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward
- If you want to run your own company one day
- BA/BS degree, with 15+ years of relevant professional experience within an e-commerce, retail merchandising or category management role
- Significant previous experience in womens apparel
- At least 5+ years experience supervising teams
- Demonstrated experience building assortments & scaling new businesses
- Proven track record of over-delivering to financial plans & KPIs
- Demonstrated ability to form long-term strategic business relationships & comfortable engaging with senior executives
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects & competing priorities simultaneously, work independently, & drive projects to completion with minimum guidance & high attention to detail
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of online/offline retail or consumer internet technologies
- Demonstrated understanding of supply chain & sourcing processes
- Experience in inspiring & managing teams
Walmart Ecommerce is changing the way the world shops. Our team of builders, thinkers, risk-takers, & dreamers is pushing the boundaries to create a world-class shopping experience that saves customers every penny possible. To win, we need people like YOU: curious, determined, & outrageously passionate.