Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events & critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster & stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI & machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security & PR/communications professionals know & act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets & brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, raised over $570 million from leading venture & growth technology investors, & been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds. Weve received numerous awards & accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the worlds 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 & joining Forbes definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 & 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity & drive on an individual level & live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table & regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun.
Who you are:
You're a skilled user experience & design leader with passion for creating a seamless, consistent & intuitive experience for your customers. You have a deep understanding of usability & interaction design & have a strong track record in taking business goals & successfully translating them into a world-class, inspiring user experience.
You're a team leader that loves thinking strategically but also loves to be hands-on. You're thoughtful & detail-oriented while maintaining an eye on overarching strategic objectives. You have a strong sense of urgency & thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects & competing priorities. You're always on the lookout for new areas of opportunity beyond the current organizational thinking.
As our Director, User Experience, you'll lead a small team to create engaging web & mobile solutions for Dataminr's enterprise products. You'll lead the creation of wireframes, storyboards, high-fidelity mockups, UX testing plans & other supporting materials that serve as the guidelines for our designers & engineering teams to follow for project execution.
- Serve as lead for all user experience & design projects & ongoing experience optimization efforts including creation of information architecture, wireframes, personas & user journeys
- Translate business needs into user experience solutions that meet the needs of a complex, multi-product organization
- Establish & communicate effective design processes through a strong understanding of user-centered design techniques & best practices
- Define, operationalize & lead the business process for user research, & testing & survey methods into the work of the design team
- Drive an iterative approach to user interaction & experience in all stages of the product design & development lifecycle, including generative research, conception & definition, prototyping, UI design, & testing.
- Rapidly prototype new concepts, layouts & interaction models
- Develop feature design briefs, logic flows & screen wireframes within evolving technology, client demands & time constraints
- Maintain ongoing design excellence by incorporating user feedback into overall UI/UX design across products & verticals
- Assess all analytics available & present clear insights that drive actionable recommendations & positive business impact
- Partner with Product & Engineering teams to define roadmap, strategy & product definition
- Manage, motivate & develop a small team
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; Advanced degree a plus
- 8-10+ years of progressive experience as a user experience leader with a heavy focus on UI & design production
- Extensive experience in interface design, research & new product development
- Strong understanding of UI & web production
- Strong understanding of web 2.0 & mobile technologies, CSS3, HTML5, & responsive web design
- Strong experience & mastery of design tools, platforms & versions of applicable software
- Demonstrated ability to drive designs that achieve business results
- Prior experience working effectively with engineering, product & marketing teams
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- Snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.