JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the worlds one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco & backed by prominent technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments & Tao Invest, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the worlds largest & oldest industries.
Were an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG & biotech, & were growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Were actively looking to hire the worlds best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service & business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible formanaging & growing an assigned territory within the Central Regionby adding new points of distribution, establishing relationships with our Retail Partners & their staff, distribution partners & their sales reps, & others to provide them with valuable insights about the industry / category, our leading innovative products, consumer profiles/trends to consistently exceed their expectations in our knowledge & attentiveness to their overall business needs & the growth of their overall business in the category. Proficiency with sales technologies, including but not limited to CRM software, communication technologies & software, etc. is necessary for success in this role. We are looking for collaborative team members who thrive in an energetic, creative, innovative & data-driven environment. Candidates should have the talent to execute successfully on these challenging business objectives. If you have those qualities & want to succeed in a fast moving & exciting environment, we want to give you an opportunity to maximize your potential & begin an exciting career with JUUL in our Central Region.
Were looking for employees who are motivated to take on responsibility, accountability & want an opportunity to really make a difference. Our sales professionals do this by educating retailers, distribution partners & connecting with our adult tobacco consumers in a "1 on 1" manner with the purpose of gaining trial & transitioning adult smokers from combustion cigarettes to JUUL as well as drive retailer & influencer engagement & advocacy.
- Devise Sales strategies with the goal of increasing points of distribution, shelf space, product positioning, consumer awareness, trial, conversion & ultimately user acquisition.
- Calling on established accounts & prospecting new traditional & nontraditional retailers; i.e Specialty retailers (Vape, Smoke, Tobacconists), C-Stores, Bodegas, etc.
- Plan, organize, & execute sales strategies & territory plans.
- Develop SWOT & territory analysis & execute sales strategies with data-informed decision making.
- Work collaboratively with Trade Marketing to increase awareness & positioning at Retail.
- Work cross-functionally with HQ (San Francisco), Regional Office / Team & other teams nationally.
- Proficient & or adept at using todays sales technologies & software, especially SalesForce, to identify, analyze & act upon opportunities, sales funnels, & customer data.
- Selling & executing local, regional & national Trade Marketing & branding initiatives into existing & prospective accounts.
- Achieving OKRs (KPIs) set for the company, regional team & individual performance.
- Building deep Trusted Advisor relationships with store managers / owners & distribution partners sales teams by providing expertise & knowledge of the industry, retail strategies & sales tactics.
- Engaging in product trainings, demos, consumer awareness, branding & acquisition initiatives.
- Enthusiastically promotingthe marketing message & product mix through direct discussions with retailers using data & analytical proficiency, as well as using influencing skills to promote a beneficial business plan for JUUL & our retail partners.
- Consistently representing yourself & applying JUUL Labs company values in all business interactions. It is expected that Territory Sales Managers will become not only a passionate product & industry / category experts, as well as a valuable business consultant / advisor whose understanding, judgment & knowledge of the consumer & industry dynamics makes for a valuable partner to all of our customers; retail partners, distribution partners, etc.
- Possibly attend trade shows & events to market product.
- Possibly attend retailer & distributor product & sales training events.
- Drive retailer engagement & improve retailer satisfaction & advocacy.
- Create buzz & increase consumer demand for product.
- Communicate plans to & collaborate with leadership. Be able to develop compelling presentation decks to gain approval for ideas as well as communicate results.
- Assess both successes & failures with actionable plans for continuous improvement.
- Focus on execution to make things happen & get the job done.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 13 years experience, CPG, Spirits, Tobacco and/or consumer electronics a plus
- Good understanding of a test & learn approach
- Willingness to operate out of your comfort zone in a new industry
- Great communicator using technology (powerpoint, excel, teleconferences, etc.)
- Able to make data-informed decisions
- Capability to discern important factors from noise in a busy role
- Proficiency & aptitude of basic computer skills, & CRM software (SalesForce).
- Proficiency with & willingness to learn new sales technology & data analytics.
- Positive attitude & emotional IQ in a hyper-growth, fast paced, continually evolving environment.
- The ability to take initiative & be creative, while simultaneously taking direction.
- Willingness to learn & grow personally & professionally.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. Well help you set big goals - & exceed them
- Work with talented, committed & supportive teammates
- Equity & performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits & discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
- Location: Nashville, TN
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive work environment for all employees & job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration & Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C