About the Role
WeWork is hiring a seasoned Android engineer to work on the WeWork Android mobile app that connects our members both socially & professionally. For a passionate & motivated engineer, this is an exciting opportunity to work on a new team establishing best practices & standards. We are overhauling the current member experience to better connect our members with our spaces (think Internet of things) & each other to help them connect, grow, & ultimately be more successful. This is a senior position focused on technical leadership as WeWork continues to scale & mature as a software engineering organization.
The Engagement mission is responsible for delivering technology that creates intelligent environments & connected, consciously-engineered communities for every space in the world. Our team is interested in increasing lifetime value, satisfaction productivity, & building engaging community models in smart environments.
- You'll contribute to the development of our Android apps with the goal of making our members more successful.
- You can implement native user interfaces using the latest Android programming techniques.
- Use knowledge of Android development to help guide design & engineering decisions.
- You'll work with product managers, designers & full-stack engineers to help shape the vision of our mobile & desktop products.
- Tackle challenging engineering, scaling & performance issues.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, & implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- You'll work on bug fixing & improving application performance.
- 4+ years of proven work experience in Android app development.
- Deep understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Experience working with remote data via REST & JSON
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, & emerging technologies.
- Understanding of Android platform communication primitives & their security properties (i.e. services, content providers, broadcast receivers, binders)
- Strong English communication skills
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical & digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members & employees. We build software & hardware that enables our members to connect with each other & the space around them like never before.
We augment our community & culture teams through the tools we build. We believe theres a macro shift toward a new way of workingone focused on a movement towards meaning & purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless & collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.