As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays
TheHostingSupport group prides itself in keeping the applications & systems of CyberSource Global Services merchants up & running to cater to the 24*7 needs of the business. We seek an experienced IT professional to join us as an application support engineer working in theMerchant Acquirer & Processinggroup.
As part of the team you will or must have:
- Support critical applications & ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis & remediation.
- Have working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging, escalation procedures & such.
- Write & maintain scripts to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre & post production implementations.
- Have 2+ years of software developmentor application support experience, configuring, & troubleshooting software applications, systems, databases & associated devices.
- Support critical applications & ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities, engage in automation activities, & perform root cause analysis & remediation.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 2+ years' experience in Software Development or Application Support..
- Experience working withSQL Server Databases,
- Thorough knowledge of Linux, TC Server & web technologies.
- Experience in scripting against Linux.
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, & implementing major components for large projects. Knowledge of monitoring tools, alert escalation, customer / vendor management, etc.
- Build tools to automate production support activities that enable efficiency & productivity
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.