Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about building features that you & your peers will love.
At DigitalOcean, Data Center Engineers play a massive role in the success of our business. Our amazing Data Center team is responsible for maintaining & growing the physical infrastructure of the DigitalOcean cloud, past, present & future. They own everything related to the physical servers & networking gear that enables our company, & our customers to scale.
Day to day duties may include everything from replacing a faulty drive in one of our servers, to flying overseas to set up a brand new Data Center from scratch. In exchange for your expertise & enthusiastic interest in DigitalOcean, we can offer you a role on a fast growing, & collaborative team where you'll be given regular opportunities to hone your skills & learn new ones.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Deploying & maintaining new Data Center infrastructure
- Racking, stacking & wiring servers, power distribution units, & switches
- Installing servers, switches, routers, & storage hardware
- Submitting RMA to equipment manufacturers & shipping & receiving gear to & from remote locations & vendors
- Submitting & tracking remote work requests & managing server & component inventory
- Diagnosing & repairing hardware & performing upgrades, integrations, rebuilds & other projects as needed
- Debugging network, hardware, & Linux OS related issues
What You'll Add to DigitalOcean:
- Hands on experience with servers, hardware, networking
- Basic proficiency with Linux OS (working in terminal sessions or command line)
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, a collaborative nature & a friendly can-do attitude
- Solid troubleshooting skills in networking, hardware, & Linux OS related issues
- A strong desire & aptitude for solving problems & performing deep technical dives to resolve issues quickly & efficiently
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation
- A valid drivers license (must be comfortable with driving)
- Ability to travel domestically & internationally (10% - 15% travel)
- Ability to be on your feet all day
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health & a monthly internet bill reimbursement & remote workstation program to make working from home as easy & comfortable as possible.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge, & Bangalore, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Infrastructure #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!