Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Vice President/General Manager for our MA business.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
As you may have heard we just launched our Medicare Advantage line of business. We got into Medicare Advantage as its the perfect fit for our mission (healthier lives for all) & our capabilities (a consumer market).
About the role:
We are looking for someone to lead the MA business as the VP, General Manager for the Medicare Advantage business. This leader will own the financial & operational success of the MA business. You will own the MA business from end to end from business plan development & biz dev activities, to sales & marketing, to operations. In doing so you will work very closely with a broad set of leaders & stakeholders across the matrix organization. You will report to Oscars COO.
This is a tremendously exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of growth at Oscar, helping enable our innovative model to reach new members.
Who are you?
- A results-driven builder: You deliver results. You are comfortable with ambiguity. You learn & iterate fast. You roll up your sleeves.
- A strategic, data-driven thinker with financial acumen: You quickly understand what it takes to succeed. You can develop & articulate a vision for a business thats backed by a clear & well-grounded financial game plan.
- A leader who can inspire & motivate: You are able to effectively communicate your vision. Your team, peers, & external partners love to work with you & follow your lead.
- A master of relationships: You build effective, trust-based relationships with a wide range of people & organizations internally & externally
- A mission-driven leader: You are excited about building a unique MA consumer experience that leverages our high tech, high touch model & takes it to the next level.
- An experienced MA P&L leader: You owned an MA P&L before at a payor or provider - & are excited about building one from the ground.
What success looks like:
Over the first 9 months:
- Articulate the MA vision & business plan thats aligned w/ all relevant stakeholders
- Build your direct & indirect team
- Successfully execute on our 2020 & 2021 growth objectives
- Operate at a 4 Star level
- Run a 0 defect operation
Over the next 3 years
- Grow the MA business to scale in accordance with the business plan
- Lay the foundation for the next 3 - 5 years of growth
- Validate our unique position as THE consumer engagement company & demonstrate how the engagement results in better business outcomes
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.