Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Mailchimp is looking to add a Senior Accountant to help manage the financial needs of our growing software company. We need a serious number cruncher to join us in our not-so-serious work environment. Roll up your sleeves & jump in those books...we are looking for a strong work ethic & a sense of urgency all mixed up with a passion for what you do.
What youll do here:
- Facilitate & find ways to improve the monthly close process
- Analyze, verify & record financial transactions in an accurate & timely manner
- Analyze interim financials for accuracy & consistency of transaction recording
- Prepare monthly & quarterly account reconciliations
- Provide support in determining proper accounting for products & services including new introductions
- Improve & maintain process documentation
- Assist with annual audit
- Assist or manage special ad hoc projects & processes
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have a degree in Accounting
- You have a CPA with a mix of industry & public accounting experience
- You likely have 3-4 years of accounting experience
- You have strong knowledge of accounting principles & US GAAP
- You have experience implementing ASC 606 Revenue and/or ASC 842 Leases
- You are self-motivated with good planning & organization skills to balance & prioritize work
- You have strong analytical & problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- You likely have experience leading a team & a background in training or teaching
- You are able to multitask, work under pressure, & meet required deadlines
- You thrive in a fast-pace setting & have strong interpersonal & communication skills
- You have strong experience with Microsoft Excel
- You have experience with an ERP system preferred (NetSuite is a plus!)
- You likely have experience with Google suite
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.