Tanium is seeking a world-class Director of Sales Strategy & Operations to support the Americas Sales organization in every aspect of the design & execution of sales go-to-market strategy.
The Director of Sales Strategy will be the primary business partner to the SVP of Americas Sales, their direct staff, & various members of the Sales teams. This role will be expected to provide strategic thought leadership & operational support to drive success & effectiveness throughout the business. Sales Strategy focuses on strategic planning, sales coverage, sales analytics, & recommendations to drive optimization & productivity. This role will directly lead & influence the growth of Tanium & will be expected to own projects such as GTM design, segmentation planning, pipeline analytics, & sales play development.
The Director of Sales Strategy will have a high degree of visibility with senior management within the organization, including Taniums Chief Revenue Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, CFO. This role requires a passionate & curious leader who has demonstrated the ability to deliver results in a high-growth, dynamic, fast-paced environment. This Director must love to dive deep into data & can communicate results & analyses to all levels & audiences. This role will report directly to the Global Head of Sales Strategy & will manage a team of Managers & Analysts.
This role is remote but we are looking for someone on the west coast in pacific time zone.
What youll do:
- Partner with sales leaders to design go-to-market strategy, allocate resources, assign performance targets & more
- Develop an effective operating plan to achieve Sales targets at all levels of sales leadership
- Deliver recurring cadence of high impact data-driven insights & metrics reporting to sales leadership
- Support leadership in understanding pipeline, forecasts & other KPIs
- Drive cross-functional initiatives & alignment between sales leadership & critical partners like marketing, finance, product, & others
- Build sales tools to support & optimize operational cadence
- Uncover additional potential to sell & increase new business through white space analysis, propensity to buy, etc.
- Create & maintain detailed models & forecasts to support both short- & long-term strategic planning for Taniums growth initiatives
- Lead & develop a team of Managers & Analysts
Were looking for someone with:
- BA/BS degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Accounting or related field required; MBA or CPA/public accounting background a plus
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive sales strategy & operations experience, including leadership of teams, required; 10-15 years preferred
- Proven ability to lead large teams & complex cross functional projects
- Expert presentation skills with ability to build compelling presentations & advanced excel modeling skills
- Strong executive presence
- Strategic, quantitative & operational mindset with consulting background preferred
- Experience with Salesforce
- Results-oriented team player who leads by examples & holds themselves accountable for performance, takes ownership, & champions all aspects of our business
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, & global environment
- Data driven with analytical outlook on role
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off