Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
Guardant Health is looking for an experienced & visionary leader who wants to be part of a team of technology & business professionals supporting our mission of conquering cancer with data.As we continue to grow the company, we're looking for someone who can lead our business systems function. This role is located in Redwood City, CA & will report directly to our CIO.
Our ideal candidate will be a technical leader who operates within business context to realize value from investments in technology solutions. The candidate will be coming from a high growth business environment where cloud & SaaS solutions are widely deployed to deliver a high-quality user experience while meeting business efficiency & productivity targets. Candidates will have some knowledge & experience of operating within a US public company & meeting the compliance requirements of industry regulators, preferably in healthcare.
The Business Systems organization is critical to the success of Company. This team is responsible for supporting essential business operations, including Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, Support, Operations, Product & Engineering. This includes the following core enterprise platforms & associated applications: Salesforce, Oracle Cloud Financials & Workday (to be implemented). You'll drive the engineering, architecture, vendor management & utilization of best practices & standards. A trusted business partner, you will advise on digital strategies & co-own outcomes with business leaders to support our growth.
If you are a hands-on technology leader & want to be part of a team making a difference in the lives of cancer patients, then we'd like to hear from you. Our philosophy is Patient First, Team Second & Individual Third.
What we will offer you:
- The chance to join a successful & growing organization with an unmatched leadership team, who is passionate about our employees & our mission.
- An opportunity to contribute in making a real impact on cancer patients globally with our cutting-edge diagnostic tests.
- A supportive, collaborative work environment, with colleagues who care about the success of the organization.
- A company that will provide competitive compensation, on-going recognition, & most of all, a chance to learn, contribute & develop your skills.
- You will love your job, have fun while working, & be supported by enthusiastic & passionate co-workers.
- Collaborate within the CIO leadership team & partner with various leadership teams to build robust Business Systems strategies & roadmaps. Ensure these roadmaps are well understood & adopted throughout the business functions & technology teams.
- Articulate a vision derived from business & technology strategies to lead teams & influence stakeholders
- Foster a culture of trusted partnership, collaboration & continuous improvement
- Own application development & transformation initiatives & ensure that projects are well managed & deliver to expectations
- Coach team members to their full potential, & operate talent management practices for continuous growth & development of employees
- Manage technology scope & risks to deliver & support safe & reliable business solutions
- Work closely with each business function to understand priorities, identify the key technology enablers & create plans to implement
- Focus on the end-user experience to reduce friction & improve user productivity
- Implement development, project & change management best practices for cross-functional programs
- Manage an annual operating & capital budget & report results to executive management
- 15+ years of relevant technical experience, including 8+ years in a leadership role
- Computer Science Degree or Technical equivalent, MS or MBA a plus
- Track record of building & effectively managing large & diverse teams
- Operational experience within a high growth environment, scaling through process with reduced unit costs
- Ability to attract, develop, & retain top talent
- Operate as a senior leader to influence the business & company strategy. Proven ability to formulate a high-level strategy, convert into tactical plans & take responsibility for execution of those plans.
- Deep expertise in cloud/SaaS technologies, including Salesforce, Oracle Cloud ERP, Workday & middleware-based integrations, possibly with vendor or industry certifications
- Experience in managing vendor relationships - for technical assistance as well as sales negotiations
- Expertise in understanding complex technology & applying it in a practical way to build solutions
- Experience with multiple technology stacks, include development environments & databases
- Understanding of controls around systems of record' to produce a single source of truth
- Practical application of agile development methods & leading software development teams in an agile/lean environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, analytical skills & sound judgment
- Strong business acumen & ability to interface with executive management
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants.