CLEARs mission is to strengthen security & create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you & by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, & face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports & other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation & more with CLEAR.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
CLEAR is looking for an intellectually curious, experienced Software Engineer to help us build the next generation of CLEAR's core systems to support our vertical teams in bringing to market exciting new biometrics-based products as well as enabling CLEAR to scale both our member population & utilization. As a Software Engineer at CLEAR, you will participate in the design, implementation, testing, & deployment of applications to build & enhance our platform. You will also continuously learn new technologies & software delivery methodologies & contribute to maintaining a high quality standard. A successful candidate will have an established background in shipping & support distributed systems in Java, experience working in an Agile environment, & possess strong technical & communication skills.
What You Will Do:
- Develop, enhance, & support Java distributed applications
- Follow & drive best practices for producing clean, well-tested code & documentation on a predictable & steady schedule
- Contribute to estimation & sprint planning within an agile framework & deliver value-added features into production on a steady cadence
- Be influential in making architectural, design, & technical stack recommendations within the team
- Drive the operational excellence of the services owned by your team, including continuously improving the observability, performance, & security of the application
- Have a strong sense of ownership & be accountable for results
Who You Are:
- You have 3+ years developing Java applications, with exposure to Java 8+, & a strong understanding of JVM fundamentals
- You have worked on a team that shipped microservice applications, preferably in a cloud environment
- You are familiar with most of these technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, REST framework such as Dropwizard/Spring Boot
- You have experience, & are comfortable working in an agile environment
- You have a strong understanding of architectural design patterns, unit & integration testing tools, & software engineering best practices
- You are skilled at articulating technical concepts to a mixed audience of technical & non-technical stakeholders
- You are a team player that commits to & enables the success of your colleagues as well as your own
- Strong plus: you have some experience with front-end development such as web applications.