About the Role:
AdRoll Group is seeking an experienced lawyer to join our commercial team. You will work in close collaboration with teams across AdRoll Group on varied legal issues supporting our commercial operations & business partnerships. You are someone who is excited to operate in an energizing environment with broad responsibilities. We want your legal smarts, business sense, strong work ethic, & collaborative personality because you will be handling meaningful legal issues. You will need to be able to work actively & effectively with various teams across the organization, as well as lead & handle cross-functional efforts. If you are the can-do & collaborative individual with a passion for helping close-deals, & driving cross-functional projects over the finish line, this would be a great fit for you! This position will be based in AdRoll Groups San Francisco headquarters or New York City office.
- Lead drafting, negotiating, & advising on a variety of transactions (both inbound & outbound) agreements.
- Provide commercial contracting support & serve as a point of contact for various agreements ranging from day-to-day operational agreements, service terms (including discount, rebate, referral, & other non-standard sales agreements), IOs, agency agreements, data agreements, ad exchange agreements, to complex business development deals; build & maintain form agreements.
- Advise product, business development, sales, marketing, engineering, IT, customer service, & other teams on a full range of issues related to commercial contracting, sales, product development, intellectual property & commercialization, including compliance with US & international laws & platform partner terms of service.
- Provide support on sales contracts, particularly around data & privacy (with critical issues to our privacy attorney).
- Use your expertise by creating, maintaining, & conducting effective legal training & actionable written guidelines for the business.
- Build relationships with key players to act as a utility player, effectively providing practical legal & strategic advice across varied projects & teams.
- Strong academic credentials & an active membership in good standing with the California or New York state bar (or qualified for & open to maintaining Registered In-House Counsel status)
- 8+ years of combined relevant transactional experience in a law firm, government agencies, and/or in-house legal department.
- Significant experience in drafting & negotiating contracts in a wide variety of contexts, & address complex, contested negotiations with no supervision.
- You possess the confidence & ability to collaborate with senior executives, clients & co-workers in a professional, approachable, & positive manner.
- You master legal & business issues quickly, balance risks & exercise sound judgment.
- You are a consummate professional with a positive & approachable style, & excellent communication & collaboration skills.
- As a bit of a deal-junkie - you have done a lot of drafting & reviewing contracts & actually enjoy it. You also want to help lead [and constantly improve] the cross-functional contracting process overall.
- You have the ability to command a high-volume workflow in a dynamic work environment.
- As a self-starter team member, you have a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, strong attention to detail, solution-orientation, & keep it human approach to communicating.
- Technical background
- AdTech/MarTech experience
- Knowledge of intellectual property issues
- Experience with marketing review
- Experience in M&A, employment law, securities and/or corporate governance
About AdRoll Group:
In 2007 AdRoll, now AdRoll Group, was founded with the objective of helping big & small businesses turn their customer data into high-performance marketing. From this inspiration, AdRoll grew to AdRoll Group, the Growth Platform Company. Organized around world-class data & automation, the company is home to AdRoll, the E-commerce Growth Platform, & RollWorks, the B2B Growth Platform. Each division is able to leverage shared platform capabilities, BidIQ artificial intelligence, & the IntentMap, a data co-op of more than 1.2 billion digital profiles, to solve online growth & connections for over 37,000 marketers worldwide.
AdRoll Group is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, Chicago, & Salt Lake City. Learn more at adrollgroup.com.
AdRoll is committed to creating diverse teams of Rollers & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics.