KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
This role is responsible for the development of conceptual estimates through unitized pricing & contract cost estimating. You must be able to provide & coordinate full estimating take-offs, services on large, complex projects. You will focus on pre-construction services & negotiated projects. The ability to work both a team & individual environment is a must. The Concrete Estimator will need to have a thorough understanding of foundations, shoring, podium decks, hillside projects, multi-level concrete projects, etc.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare schedules & sequencing.
- Work closely with Supply Chain manager on sourcing materials, pricing, & market trends
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, & related documents.
- Full knowledge of concrete & concrete construction industry
- Download & convert bid documents
- Identify labor, material, & time requirements by studying vendor proposals, blueprints, specifications, & related documents.
- Compute costs by analyzing labor, material, & time requirements.
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting & analyzing information.
- Present prepared estimate by assembling & displaying numerical & descriptive information.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, & summarizing information & trends.
- Maintain cost database by entering & backing up data.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience with bidding projects for the commercial, parking structures & multi-family concrete construction projects.
- Competent in performing complete & accurate project take offs including concrete, forms, reinforcing, crews, equipment, & accessories.
- Ability to prepare conceptual budgets based on minimal information & specifications
- Ability to professionally communicate project needs to assigned staff in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced work environment
- Self-driven, reliable & able to work independently
- Curious with a desire to learn & grow
- Positive & professional attitude, & strong customer relations skills
- Strong team work & collaboration with peers & leaders
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning & successfully working in multicultural environments
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Preferred computer systems experience in Revit, Assemble, Heavy bid, Bluebeam, On Screen Takeoff
- Proficiency with industry practices, processes, & standards. Knowledge of applicable building codes, zoning ordinances, OSHA requirements & other legal restrictions
- Highly motivated individual with aspirations for career growth.
- Ability to work in a team environment & initiative to execute on self-guided, special initiative projects.
- Drive towards results, proactively identify risks & escalate effectively.
- Strong verbal, written & graphic communication skills & can Effectively work & communicate across large cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem solver, & communicator.
- Flexibility to evolve with various tasks & directions as new projects & initiatives unfold.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, demanding, dynamic work-environment.
- Detail oriented personality with strong organizational skills.
- Disciplined work ethic with great attitude & energy.
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to multi-task & work on multiple projects concurrently
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.