We are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious & creative editor to join our New York based team to support & develop the content strategy of our digital marketing brands, ClickZ & Search Engine Watch.
We are looking for an experienced writer who has worked in the marketing and/or technology industry.
ClickZ is a fast-paced digital marketing media & events company that creates industry leading content to engage with its community of over 1.3 million digital marketers.
SearchEngineWatch is the community destination for SEO experts. Search Engine Watch provides tips & information about searching the web & analysis of the search engine industry.
ClickZ and Search Engine Watch are part of the Contentive Media group & backed by Blenheim Chalcot, the UKs largest venture builder with over 3,000 employees & annual sales of over $400M.
Set editorial agenda & KPIs, taking overall responsibility & ensuring wider team achieves
- Set & monitor editorial content strategy & KPIs, reporting weekly on KPIs & content/team performance.
- Devise editorial content calendar incorporating sales & marketing objectives
- Ensure dissemination of editorial content calendar both internally & externally (as appropriate), & that internal content teams work together to produce relevant, timely & engaging content (i.e. commissioning editors, deputy editors, reporters/writers).
- Translate corporate objectives into team objectives & implement strategies to meet these.
- Maintain awareness of market trends & identify opportunities for the business.
- Develop competitor & market awareness to feed into strategy.
Content creation & production
- Produce individual weekly content quota.
- Set targets for submitted/commissioned content in key topic areas & assist in identification of KOLs from whom to commission.
- Manage the development of content in a diverse mix of styles (e.g. video, webinar, infographic, various written formats), ensuring a high standard of innovation is achieved.
- Follow tenets of content that is educational, informative & entertaining.
- Ensure all content (whether produced in-house or externally, editorial or commercial) is edited to house style & to a high degree of quality prior to publication.
Overall responsibility for dissemination of content via variety of media
- Ensure timely, relevant & high quality newsletters are sent to audience.
- Ensure all content is shared via key social media portals (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) following best practice guidelines.
- Look for opportunities to improve shareability of content to grow audience engagement.
- Test & learn a variety of methods & platforms for content dissemination & share learnings with wider content team.
Skills & interests
- Production & dissemination of engaging, shareable content relevant to the audience.
- Ability to translate business needs into clearly defined projects.
- Product development.
- Collaboration & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
Vacation days 20 days plus 9 paid public holidays
Sick Days 5 Days
9 public paid holidays
A 401K plan with company match
Qualified Parking & Transit Program (QPTP)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Life insurance equal to 1 x base salary up to $250,000
Short term disability
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart & innovative we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do if that sounds like you, youll fit right in!
- Flexible mindset
- Humble & Social
- Diverse & inclusive.
Our approach & style is professional yet down to earth. Whilst challenging, we hope the process will be as engaging & insightful for you as it will be for us.
Individuals seeking employment at Contentive must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace & delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce & actively encourage applications from anyone & everyone.