Indigo is a high growth innovative agriculture company based in Boston. We have an extraordinary opportunity to help farmers harness nature to feed the planet in a sustainable manner. Our biological advancements enable us to work with farmers to improve agriculture in a way that creates enormous economic value while benefiting the environment & providing consumers a more natural food supply.
As a Senior Product Manager at Indigo you will have the opportunity to collaborate with many teams across the organization. We believe that understanding our customers problems are critical to helping us prioritize features which leads to a strong roadmap. In this role, you will lead a product line or feature set & be responsible for the overall success of that product.
What does a successful product look like at Indigo?
We cant make good product decisions without voice of customer & it will be your responsibility to make sure we get that. Both internal & external stakeholders alike. Products need to bring value & be profitable & you will take a lead role in driving us towards that. There are many product lines or areas of innovation within the walls of Indigo & the external community. Part of your job will be to balance between feature enhancements for existing customers, alongside internal & external innovative integrations. In other words, we dont have to build everything ourselves!
How do we work?
We are not perfect. In fact, we are learning through trial & error every day. We try new things, take risks, make educated guesses & move quickly. Excellent communication & collaboration skills are a must.
- Develop deep understanding of existing & planned platform solution & capabilities
- Analyze 3rd-party vendor landscape & propose partnership / integration strategy
- Analyze competitive landscape & present to Technology leadership
- Collaborate with multiple teams across the indigo organization to help determine the business impact & short & long-term vision for your product
- Define & create product detailed product roadmap
- Create & prioritize use cases
- Evaluate partner strategy (internal & external)
- Understand market competition & product positioning
- Assume primary Product Ownership responsibilities (roadmap, user stories, prioritization, stakeholder buy-in)
- Participate in agile software product management & development best practices definition & execution, inculcating & championing those best practices at Indigo
- Institute & execute stakeholder review meetings for product or product line at agreed-to cadence
- Work closely with all internal product related teams to ensure alignment across Product Development processes
- Mentor & coach other Product Managers on product management & agile best practices
- Execute customer-driven culture in how we prioritize & allocate our Technology investment
- Establish clear & concise communications channels with stakeholders within the organization (i.e. Business, Engineering, Marketing) to provide visibility into product or product line decisions & process for decision making
- Establish trust with internal external customers to allow for a regular cadence of communication which helps to get design feedback early & often
- Clearly articulate product value to senior management
- Able to balance customer-centricity, stakeholder expectations & technical feasibility for software product or product line, clearly articulating tradeoffs
- Able to define, gain buy-in from stakeholders & drive product vision for a specific software product or product line
- Excellent cross-functional communicator, able to work with a diverse set of internal & external stakeholders
- Able to translate business needs into product roadmap & technology specifications & use cases
- Highly aligned & deep understanding of company strategy, mapping strategy to execution
- Process orientation with strong time-management skills & demonstrated ability to change course, as needed
- Decisive & well-informed decision-maker
- Excellent listening skills
- Demonstrates ability to effectively work as a member of a team, with great listening & oral & written communication skills
- Able to structure & process qualitative & quantitative data & draw insightful conclusions
- Demonstrates tenacity & willingness to deliver on agreed-to outcomes in the agreed-to timeframes
- Proactively brings new ideas to the table, spanning people, process & product
- 7-10 years Product Management Experience
- Track record of building & delivering excellent customer-facing software products
- Experience working with software engineering teams in an agile/lean development environment
- Experience building product that delights customers
- Active Communication skills (communicating out & listening successfully)
- Market-facing launch experience
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, & has opportunities to learn & grow. As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse & inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves & has an equal opportunity of succeeding.