--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're an experienced business development leader with a passion for working with nonprofits & NGOs. You're excited to leverage a cutting-edge AI product to deliver unique & impactful solutions aligned with the mission of these organizations, & help them react with confidence to breaking events & emerging risks in real time.
You have experience identifying & developing meaningful partnerships with nonprofits & NGOs at a global level. You understand the challenges that these organizations face & how they operate, & you're an expert at developing & delivering impactful value propositions that create lasting impact.
As our first VP, Social Good & Nonprofit Partnerships, you'll report to our SVP, Public Sector. You'll be responsible for growing Dataminr's Nonprofit vertical & help us on our mission to promote social good.
- Develop a strong understanding of Dataminrs Nonprofit & NGO partnerships capabilities & overall company strategic goals
- Plan, implement, & execute on partnership strategy, leveraging market knowledge, business relationships, & experience to convey product value proposition & positioning
- Identify new opportunities for business growth by developing & maintaining strategic relationships with key prospective partners & organizational leaders
- Provide thought leadership through opportunity identification to develop new partnerships & grow existing partnerships, driving new capabilities & incremental business success
- Develop new use cases in order to provide optimal value for Dataminrs Nonprofit & NGO partners to promote social good
- Partner & collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including Sales Operations, Marketing, & Product to drive operational & product improvements
- Maintain constant awareness of the market, making appropriate strategic & tactical recommendations to always stay one step ahead
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience; advanced degree a plus
- 15+ years of experience supporting nonprofits & NGOs, preferably at a global/international level
- Knowledge of publicly available information & data analysis efforts of public sector, NGO & nonprofit organizations, including but not limited to humanitarian assistance or emergency management
- Extensive experience in sales, business development, and/or partnerships within the NGO & nonprofit sector
- Deep understanding of & experience with grant funding proposal processes for NGOs & nonprofits
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a wide range of audiences, including technical & non-technical customers
- Self-motivation & an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think on your feet & problem solve in real-time
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills & a strong focus on delivering the best possible client experience
- Outstanding communication & presentation skills
- Open to travel as required
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave & 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks & beverages, & catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.