Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Lead Application Architect, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
This position reports in to Network Processing Architecture & Consulting & is responsible for developing technical solutions & strategies for multi-year, complex business needs.
This role ensures the VisaNet core processing systems are enhanced in a way that will continue to meet the processing requirements of the business for many years to come.
The candidate will be responsible for technology project architecture definition, as well as technology strategy & planning & play a leadership role in large or strategic projects as well as consult with delivery teams to provide high-level guidance for the remaining projects.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Collaborate with our business partners to develop & clarify requirements to enable development of technical solutions that span VisaNet systems.
- Collaborate with other application development leads to develop flexible, cost effective approaches to tactical & strategic business requirements.
- Create comprehensive approach documents for both small & large projects that take into account all areas of system & application development.
- Provide subject matter expertise across the organisation in the areas of payment processing.
- Support the creation of technical & customer facing documentation.
- Mentor peer technicians, presenting solutions to key stakeholders & making presentations to all levels of management.
- Stay current with emerging technologies & business directions & have the ability to apply to strategic direction & roadmap activity.
What we're after
- Extensive experience of Visa payment systems
- An experienced IT professional, with proven knowledge of successful design, architecture & development.
- Experience of working on highly scalable, highly available systems is required.
- Proven ability to lead global technical teams & drive decisions
- Experience of working with product owners & shaping requirements into appropriate technical solutions
- Multi-tasking ability essential to handle multiple priorities with minimal direction from management.
- Excellent communication, collaboration & technical leadership skills required.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.