Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share knowledge, & build their careers. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. The products & services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names. Stack Overflow for Teams services were developed to empower an organizations internal teams to find & share information without disrupting their workflow.
Stack Overflow is looking for a Sales Director to lead our global sales team. The Sales Director (SD) is a customer-focused leader & coach who is responsible for the revenue generation of the Teams team at Stack Overflow. The primary purpose of the role is to develop the skills of the sales team to maximize revenue generation & develop mutually beneficial account strategies/relationships. The SD defines the standards & practices which guide the sales teams process & workflow, always operating consistent with the vision & strategy of the business & company. This position reports directly to the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO).
What youll do:
- Lead the Account Executives & partner with the Director of Sales Development complex technical sales cycles at accounts across the globe
- Drives the hiring & training of new team members
- Ensures the effective & consistent use of CRM tools to ensure accurate tracking of prospecting & deal flow, customer & contact information & timely forecasting of results
- Assists team members in increasing closure rate, deal velocity & customer retention through monitoring, coaching, & demonstrating best practices
- Acts as an escalation point for helping to close larger or more complex deals
- Monitors sales production as related to sales goals & prepares ongoing analysis of sales & operational metrics
- Recommends changes to sales processes or procedures based on team performance
- Develops innovative approaches for sales training & incentive programs
- Works closely with the Sr. Global Director of Customer Success to ensure smooth transition of accounts from sale to post-sales stages
- Create quarterly forecasts including committed deals as well as a pipeline for the current quarter & beyond
- Participate in weekly, monthly, quarterly, & annual reporting & sales cadence
- Articulate the path to closure & key tactical steps for each account from prospecting to closing to onboarding to renewal
- Schedule strategic meetings with clients, partners, & thought-leaders to understand global & regional developer issues & initiatives
- Interface with marketing, product management, & customer success teams to review programs & timelines on an ongoing basis to ensure successful implementation
What youll need to have:
- 5+ years managing & scaling sales teams in the B2B SaaS industry
- 8+ years executive level direct sales experience specifically selling enterprise SaaS solutions/products
- Experience directly building & leading a high performing SaaS sales team with a consistent track record of over-achievement
- Successful track record of C-level selling, navigating complex sales situations & closing multi-million dollar transactions
- Evidence of exceptional commitment to a process-driven sales approach, & accurately tracking & forecasting of all customer engagement & activity through the use of Salesforce
- Commitment to building & maintaining an operating cadence around pipeline creation while building & maintaining a winning sales culture
- Proven ability to influence customers at the most senior level down to department level at companies that have at least 1,000 software engineers/developers
- Excellent leadership, management, & interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Team player with the highest level of integrity
- Experience with collaborating with the cross-functional teams to develop and/or execute in-territory or vertically-focused field marketing campaigns to drive awareness & lead generation
What youll get in return:
- Competitive base salary + uncapped commission
- Stock Option Plan
- Private healthcare & dental
- Gym membership reimbursement (Up to 100 per month)
- Professional development reimbursement
- Never poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely. Well reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office Youll be in our office in London, & enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day, & all the espresso you can drink.
Were a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), youll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check & upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.